Trinity Tweed Kit
The Trinity Amps Tweed Amp is based on the original Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. For rock, country or blues players who want a moderately powered amp they can crank up on a small to medium sized gig or in the studio, the Trinity Amps Tweed may be the amp for you. The fat, snappy guitar tones heard on many recordings, from Memphis to Abbey Road, were made using the Tweed. This is not a Marshall Les Paul EL84 sound, but it is familiar if you’ve heard anything recorded in the 60’s or 70’s. The Tweed produces about 15 loud watts into 8 Ohms using two 6V6 output tubes and is housed in a classic Tweed cabinet. The circuit is based on the original Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe.
To develop our version of this famous amp, we improved the layout, grounding, isolated the input jacks and therefore reduced noise level. We then had Heyboer make us custom transformers, again to our specifications. The Power Transformer is improved as well with high current capacity and a ground wire for the heaters to reduce noise. The OT is the Fender #108 design with heavier gauge wire for reliability, 8 and 4 ohm speaker support and again we used old grade steel to our spec. The redesign also includes a standby switch which is a useful departure from the original.
What differentiates our kits from others is part quality, fit, documentation and support. This is a full kit with custom Heyboer transformers, tubes and vintage chrome chassis. We supply quality parts. Switchcraft Jacks; Carling Switches; Belton tube sockets; Carbon Comp resistors; Orange drop type capacitors; 22 gauge General cable hook-up wire; 20 gauge pre-twisted heater wire; Belden coax cable; Tube complement is: JJ 6V6, 12AX7; EH 12AY7 and Sovtek/JJ 5Y3; Thick 1/8″ GP03 eyelet board material, not the thinner eyelet board stuff. The chrome chassis with white silk-screened lettering looks pretty well stock from the outside but it’s built old school and looks and sounds vintage Deluxe!
Also included is our custom built Heyboer transformer set. The Power Transformer is a High Current design and the OT is a beefy Fender #108 design with 8 AND 4 ohm speaker taps. We provide 65 + pages of quality full documentation and support and large format 11X17 schematic and colour layout.
Most companies charge extra for Switchcraft Jacks, Carling Switches, Carbon Composition resistors and some only provide minimum documentation. Compare us to the other kits out there and you’ll find this offering is a great value.
- Channels: 2
- Controls Ch.1: Volume; Tone
- Controls Ch.2: Volume; Tone
- Power output: 15 Watts
- Preamp Tubes Included: 1-12AX7; 1-12AY7 ((JJ, EH)
- Power Tubes Included: 2 – 6V6 (JJ)
- Rectifier Tube Included: 5Y3 (JJ. Sovtek)
- Bias: Cathode
- Choke: no
- Outputs: 2
- Speaker Output: 4, 8 switched
- Voltage Support: 115 V 60Hz – 240 V 50Hz
- Weight: 112 Combo 25 lbs.
- Chassis Dimensions: 2.625” H x 14.5” W x 4.125” D
Add to Cart
To Purchase Items
- Select an item using the drop down menu.
- Add the item to your shopping cart using the Add to Cart button.This will take you to your shopping cart.
- If you wish to purchase additional items, e.g. a transformer set, click Continue Shopping. This will return you to the Trinity Amps site.
- Select the next item you wish to purchase using the drop down menu and repeat from Step #2.
- When you are finished shopping, wish to check and are viewing your shopping cart, click either PayPal Check out or Check Out (Pay without a PayPal account).
- To view your shopping cart click View Cart on the Trinity Amps site and then check out using one of the aforementioned process.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your order.
Payments can be made through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments can also be made using Interac e-Transfer, money order, cashier’s or personal check to Trinity Amps Inc.
We accept Canadian credit cards at our shop or by phone.
If you are located outside of Canada and want to make a payment using a VISA or Mastercard, an invoice will be provided using PayPal’s credit card service. No PayPal account is required.
Please be sure to send your full shipping address and contact phone number when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information, visit our web site or forum.
All prices are listed in US dollars. Orders ship from Brighton, Ontario, Canada, applicable taxes not included. Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Trinity Amps Inc.
+1-613-438-5854 Canada EST
14656 County Rd. 21