Trinity Triton Amp
This sweet little 5 watt amp is based on the earliest 50s Fender Champs and Gibsons and produces a warm, growly
Chicago Blues tone in a grab-and-go package. The design incorporates a Tone Control which can be bypassed as desired so it is perfect for small gigs and recording. With the 6L6 switched in, it can easily handle larger venues.
It is Excellent with Guitars and Harps alike and takes pedals well. It goes from sparkling clean to brown and creamy distortion. Incredible sensitivity to attack, very nice distortion when you turn it up or use the Hi input jack. It may be a little cleaner sounding than the later, 12AX7 based Champs but with the 6L6 option that the originals didn’t offer, it can seriously bark in the larger venues!
For Harp players, Harpdog Brown played several Harps, live, through it and said it was incredible! Very beefy, noticeably better than some other amps he’s played. It is his go-to amp now!
This little animal is what we nicknamed the T-Dog, and let me say it's the size of the fight in this dog, not the size of dog in this fight. Nothing but 5 watts of muscle and bark!
Overall, an excellent harp amp and a great blues guitar amp. Chicago Blues and classic rock (e.g. Neil Young or Stones) are well within the realm of possibility.
“Triton, the son or Poseidon, special attribute was a twisted conch shell, on which he blew like a trumpet to calm or raise the waves. Its sound was such a cacophony, that when loudly blown, it put the giants to flight, who imagined it to be the roar of a dark wild beast.”
Triton is a good name for this little amp!
True to the era, all octal tubes were used in this Single Channel amp. The circuit is extraordinarily simple, using one New Old Stock (NOS) 6SJ7 pentode in the preamplifier section to provide a single stage of voltage amplification, one 6V6 beam power pentode in the power amplifier section, a 5Y3 tube rectifier tube and a single volume knob with a by-passable tone control for those who want the raw energy.
We added a bias switch so players can use a 6L6 and also a 4/8 ohm output switch used with our custom made Heyboer output transformer.
It comes housed in an Old-School 40s-50s TV front style lacquered Tweed covered cabinet and uses an 8″ Tone Tubby AlNiCo hemp cone speaker.
The amp arrived safe and sound today.
I just plugged in the Green Bullet mic and tried out all the harps and I have to say WOW! What a fine amp! Just excellent.
Thank you and the rest of the team there at Trinity! Well done.
Also, after playing harp through the Trinity I realize this is going to change my playing style and with almost 50 years of harp playing that was no small feat.
Again, thank you so much!
John Anderson, WA, USA
Controls Ch.1: Volume, Tone (pull to bypass)
Power output: 5 Watts 6V6; 10 Watts 6L6
Preamp Tubes: 1 – New Old Stock 6SJ7
Power Tubes: 1 – 6V6 Class A (6L6 Optional)
Rectifier: 1 – 5Y3
Bias: Cathode. Switchable 6V6 or 6L6
Speaker: 8 inch Tone Tubby Humboldt Alnico
Speaker Output: 4, 8 switched (16 on request)
Voltage Support: 115 V 60Hz – 240 V 50Hz
Weight: 112 Combo 15 lbs.
Dimensions: 18 Combo: 13” H x 14” W x 8.5” D
- Harpdog Brown - Buzzard Luck - Buzzard Luck - Bb Marine Band
- Harpdog Brown - Blue Light Boogie - C Chromonica 64
- Harpdog Brown - Back track harp only - G Marine Band
- Harpdog Brown - Walkin' Blues - backing track/solo
- Jason Fryer - Tone King Records - Deep Blue Sea - Guitar lead
- Lyle Odjick - Tone King Records - Harpin' & Howlin'
Add to Cart
To Purchase Items
- Select an item using the drop down menu.
- Add the item to your shopping cart using the Add to Cart button.This will take you to your shopping cart.
- If you wish to purchase additional items, e.g. a transformer set, click Continue Shopping. This will return you to the Trinity Amps site.
- Select the next item you wish to purchase using the drop down menu and repeat from Step #2.
- When you are finished shopping, wish to check and are viewing your shopping cart, click either PayPal Check out or Check Out (Pay without a PayPal account).
- To view your shopping cart click View Cart on the Trinity Amps site and then check out using one of the aforementioned process.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your order.
- Shipping outside of North America will be adjusted and an email sent with details.
Payments can be made through PayPal to email@example.com. Payments can also be made using Interac e-Transfer, money order, cashier’s or personal check to Trinity Amps Inc.
We accept Canadian credit cards at our shop or by phone.
If you are located outside of Canada and want to make a payment using a VISA or Mastercard, an invoice will be provided using PayPal’s credit card service. No PayPal account is required.
Please be sure to send your full shipping address and contact phone number when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information, visit our web site or forum.
All prices are listed in US dollars. Orders ship from Brighton, Ontario, Canada, applicable taxes not included. Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Trinity Amps Inc.
+1-613-438-5854 Canada EST
14656 County Rd. 21