Trinity Trip Top Kit
Based on several years of vintage Ampeg B15 designs, the Trip Top combines the original circuits of both the Ampeg B-15NC (1964) as well as the later B-15NF (1965-67). The B-15-NF channel has the volume control section before the tone stack and in the B-15-NC channel it is after. Maintaining these circuits keeps the same gain structure and biasing found in the original B-15N amp designs, helping to preserve their true heritage. It also has two power supply settings – Cathode and Fixed bias to provide further tone structure.
The Trip Top is designed to output approximately 30 watts in cathode bias mode and 40 watts in fixed bias mode.
The TRIP TOP is effectively four amps in one, which you can alternate between channels and the simple flick of the bias switch.
It has two channels each have volume with a ‘Pull Bright’ switch, treble and bass controls. The first channel, NORMAL, from the B-15-NF, has the volume control section before the tone stack. The second channel, CASCADE, comes from the B-15-NC which has the volume control section after the tone controls. The power amp section has two switch selectable bias modes – fixed (B-15NF) and cathode (B-15NC). While 1N4007 solid state rectifier diodes were used for the “NB” configuration, this was not incorporated into the design.
The Trip Top is built using point-to-point wiring using turret board construction for optimal service and reliability. High-quality tubes, coupling capacitors and resistors are selected for maximum tone, performance and reliability. The Trinity Amps power transformer and output transformer are all custom built and selected for maximum tone, performance and reliability.
What differentiates our kits from others is part quality, fit, documentation and support. Included is all components; Mallory 150M caps; CARBON FILM and CARBON COMPOSITION resistors; SWITCHCRAFT or CLIFF jacks, ALPHA pots, JJ 50/50uf filter cap; Belton Micalex tube sockets, tube retainers & shields; 1/8″ thick GP03 Turret Board with large size KEYSTONE Turrets; CARLING switches; high current impedance switches; All 22 gauge hook-up Wire; Pre-twisted 20 gauge heater wire; BELDEN Co-Ax cable; All Mounting hardware, spacers and nuts; 3 Inputs; AMPEG style control knobs; Pre-Cut 0.06″ MIRROR FINISH STAINLESS STEEL Chassis with tapped holes for mounting screws; SILK SCREENED Front and Rear chassis labels; Detailed Assembly guide; large 11″ X 17″ size layout and schematic drawings and REAL Support.
Also included in the kit package is our Highly Rated, Custom Made Transformer set by Heyboer. 117V 60Hz / 234 50Hz Primaries It is built to our specifications but based on original AMPEG transformers used in the early B15 amps. The Power transformer is rated at 300 mA compared to under 200mA originals and all other current third party suppliers including Ampeg’s re-issue. The output transformer has 3 Interleaves and heavier gauge winding than originals and multiple secondary windings (4, 8, 16 ohm support). This is an excellent B15 transformer. With our over spec’d and non-potted iron, you can optionally run KT88 POWER TUBES increasing the power output. The Trinity Amps power transformer and output transformer are all custom built and selected for maximum tone, performance and reliability.
- Channels: 2
- Controls Normal: Volume/Bright; Treble; Bass
- Controls Cascade: Volume/Bright; Treble; Bass
- Power output: 25-30 watts in cathode bias mode and 35-40 watts in fixed bias mode
- Preamp Tubes Required: 3 – 6SL7-GT
- Power Tubes Required: 2 – 6L6
- Rectifier Required: 5AR4
- Bias: Fixed or Cathode (selectable)
- Choke: no
- Outputs: 2
- Speaker Output: 4, 8, 16 switched
- Weight: Head: 26 lbs.
- Switches: Cathode / Fixed bias; Hum Control; Bias Setting
- Other: Pre-amp Out
- Construction: Mirror Finish Stainless Steel .06 inch thick Chassis with silk-screened front /rear labels ;
- Chassis Dimensions: Head: 2.5” H x 17” W x 10” D
- Options: CNC fabricated Black Powder Coated Tube Cage
Add to Cart
To Purchase Items
- Select an item using the drop down menu.
- Add the item to your shopping cart using the Add to Cart button.This will take you to your shopping cart.
- If you wish to purchase additional items, e.g. a transformer set, click Continue Shopping. This will return you to the Trinity Amps site.
- Select the next item you wish to purchase using the drop down menu and repeat from Step #2.
- When you are finished shopping, wish to check and are viewing your shopping cart, click either PayPal Check out or Check Out (Pay without a PayPal account).
- To view your shopping cart click View Cart on the Trinity Amps site and then check out using one of the aforementioned process.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your order.
Payments can be made through PayPal to email@example.com. Payments can also be made using Interac e-Transfer, money order, cashier’s or personal check to Trinity Amps Inc.
We accept Canadian credit cards at our shop or by phone.
If you are located outside of Canada and want to make a payment using a VISA or Mastercard, an invoice will be provided using PayPal’s credit card service. No PayPal account is required.
Please be sure to send your full shipping address and contact phone number when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information, visit our web site or forum.
All prices are listed in US dollars. Orders ship from Brighton, Ontario, Canada, applicable taxes not included. Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Trinity Amps Inc.
+1-613-438-5854 Canada EST
14656 County Rd. 21