Trinity Triwatt Kit
The TRIWATT is based on the classic design originally pioneered by Dave Reeves of HIWATT fame. This new offering has a preamp inspired from the early “4 Hole” and David Gilmour’s of Pink Floyd legend, “3 Hole” versions, where there are two bright channels inputs and a third which links the two channels together for that classic HIWATT sound, reminiscent of The Who, Pink Floyd and many others.
The TRIWATT was designed by Trinity Amps to capture the classic HIWATT sound without the usual classic ear-bleeding volume levels. It is closely based on an early ’70s style HIWATT DR, but utilizing either 6V6 or KT66 power tubes for more usable power output. Furthermore, it has the 3-input configuration used by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd, plus an Overdrive stage, as found in early ’80’s “Biacrown era” HIWATT Lead amps
Key points about the CUSTOM TRIWATT LEAD Design
- Designed with HIWATT tone in mind from the onset
- Preamp based on the late 60s/early 70s style 103 preamp, with the cathode-follower in front of the Phase Inverter
- Three-inputs, for Normal and Bright and Link, as found in Dave Gilmour’s early 70’s 3-input amps
- Second stage can switch between early HIWATT and 80s’ higher gain Lead modes with variable Overdrive control
- Phase Inverter tube can be 12AT7 as in the earlier Hiwatts or 12AX7 for increased drive to the power tubes
- Solid State rectification with fixed bias 22 Watt 6V6 output stage, based closely on the original Hiwatt power amp and power supply
- 6V6 or KT66 operation with External Bias Switch, Bias Control and Test Points
What differentiates our kits from others is part quality, fit, documentation and support. We supply quality parts. MALLORY 150 caps; 1 Watt CARBON FILM resistors; Metal film where required for low noise, CLIFF and SWITCHCRAFT jacks; ALPHA pots; JJ filter caps; BELTON Micalex tube sockets, Tube retainers & shields; 1/8″ thick GP03 Turret Board with large size KEYSTONE Turrets; CARLING switches; 10A impedance switch; GENERAL CABLE 22 gauge, 600V solid core hook-up wire; 20 gauge pre-twisted heater wire; BELDEN Co-Ax cable; All Mounting hardware, spacers and nuts; Front Black faceplate with White lettering with 3 Inputs; Pre-Cut 0.09″ Aircraft Aluminum Chassis with tapped holes for tube mounting screws and silk screened rear chassis; Detailed 90 page Builders with large 11″ X 17″ sized schematic and colour layout; Real SUPPORT.
Kit Package includes our Custom made Heyboer Transformer set built to the specifications of the original Partridge set used in the early HIWATT 50 watt. One of the best transformers in it’s class with a significant tonal impact.
- Channels: 2: Bright; Normal
- Controls Ch.1: Normal Volume
- Controls Ch.2: Bright Volume
- Shared Controls: Overdrive level/Pull On; Bass; Middle; Treble; Master Volume
- Power output: 22 Watts 6L6 / 33 Watts KT66
- Preamp Tubes Required: 1-12AT7, 3-12AX7
- Power Tubes Required: 2 – 6V6; Optional KT66
- Rectifier: Solide state diode
- Bias: Fixed
- Choke: no
- Outputs: 2
- Speaker Output: 4, 8, 16 switched
- Voltage Support: 115 V 60Hz – 240 V 50Hz
- Weight: Head: 25 lbs., 112 Combo 60 lbs.
- Switches: High Voltage selector for KT66
- Chassis Dimensions: Head: 2.5” H x 20” W x 6.5” D
Add to Cart
To Purchase Items
- Select an item using the drop down menu.
- Add the item to your shopping cart using the Add to Cart button.This will take you to your shopping cart.
- If you wish to purchase additional items, e.g. a transformer set, click Continue Shopping. This will return you to the Trinity Amps site.
- Select the next item you wish to purchase using the drop down menu and repeat from Step #2.
- When you are finished shopping, wish to check and are viewing your shopping cart, click either PayPal Check out or Check Out (Pay without a PayPal account).
- To view your shopping cart click View Cart on the Trinity Amps site and then check out using one of the aforementioned process.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your order.
- Shipping outside of North America will be adjusted and an email sent with details.
Payments can be made through PayPal to email@example.com. Payments can also be made using Interac e-Transfer, money order, cashier’s or personal check to Trinity Amps Inc.
We accept Canadian credit cards at our shop or by phone.
If you are located outside of Canada and want to make a payment using a VISA or Mastercard, an invoice will be provided using PayPal’s credit card service. No PayPal account is required.
Please be sure to send your full shipping address and contact phone number when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information, visit our web site or forum.
All prices are listed in US dollars. Orders ship from Brighton, Ontario, Canada, applicable taxes not included. Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Trinity Amps Inc.
+1-613-438-5854 Canada EST
14656 County Rd. 21