Trinity Triton Kit
This sweet little 5 watt, Single-Ended 6SJ7/6V6 pentode amp is based on the earliest 50s Fender Champs and Gibsons and produces a warm, growly, Chicago Blues tone in a grab-and-go package. This design incorporates a Tone Control which can be bypassed as desired so it is perfect for small gigs and recording. With an optional the 6L6 switched in, it can easily handle larger venues.
It is Excellent with Guitars and Harps and takes pedals well. It goes from sparkling clean to brown and creamy distortion. Incredible sensitivity to attack, very nice distortion when you turn it up or use the Hi input jack. With the 6L6 option that the originals didn’t offer, it can seriously bark in the larger venues!
Harpdog Brown, 3-Time Maple Blues Harp player of the year, uses his all the time.
True to the era, all octal tubes were used in this Single Channel amp. The circuit is extraordinarily simple, using one New Old Stock (NOS) 6SJ7 pentode in the preamplifier section to provide a single stage of voltage amplification, one 6V6 beam power pentode in the power amplifier section, a 5Y3 tube rectifier tube and a single volume knob with useful tone control which can be bypassed
We added a bias switch so players can use a 6L6 and also a 4/8 ohm output switch and two output jacks used in conjunction with our custom made Heyboer output transformer. Total versatility.
What differentiates our kits from others is part quality, fit, documentation and support. Included is all components required to make a working amp including: NOS 6SJ7 Pentode pre-amp tube, JJ 6V6GT power tube and 5Y3 rectifier); Orange Drop andMallory caps; CARBON FILM & CARBON COMPOSITION resistors; SWITCHCRAFT jacks, ALPHA and BOURNS pots; BELTON Micalex tube sockets & tube retainers; 1/8″ thick GP03 eyelet Board; Carling DPDT impedance and power tube selection switch; 22 gauge hook-up & pre-twisted heater wire; BELDEN Co-Ax cable; All Mounting hardware, spacers and nuts; MIRROR finish Stainless Steel chassis with white lettering on Front & Rear ; Chicken head control knobs; Chassis has tapped holes for tube mounting screws; Assembly guide; large 11″ X 17″ size colour layout and schematic drawings and REAL Support.
Also included is our custom made Output Transformer made by Heyboer to our exact specifications. A massive 15 watt Single Ended output transformer with dual primary windings (5K and 2.5K) to support all Octal power tubes. The robust designed power transformer is built by Magnetic Components in the USA with dual primary (120V / 240V 50/60 Hz) & secondary voltage support.
Power / Volume control – Rotary ON-OFF switch with Volume control incorporated. Actions: Off – On. Turning the control effects the volume level of the amp.
Tone control – Used to adjust the tone to guitar and room dynamics, it incorporates a push/pull bypass switch for those who want raw tone!
- Channels: 1
- Controls Ch.1: Volume – On/Off, Tone with bypass
- Power output: 5 Watts 6V6; 10 Watts 6L6
- Preamp Tubes: 1 – NOS (New Old Stock) 6SJ7
- Power Tubes: 1 – 6V6 Class A (6L6 Optional)
- Rectifier: 5Y3
- Tube set included in kit
- Bias: Cathode. Switchable 6V6 or 6L6
- Choke: no
- Outputs: 2
- Speaker Output: 4, 8 switched (16 optional)
- Deep Blue Sea
- Harpin' Howlin'
Here is the 6V6 power tube video. I tried to get some more distortion sounds. the 335 clip at the end is really overdriving. - J. Quick
Here is my first attempt at making a little demo video of the amp I built. - J. Quick
Add to Cart
To Purchase Items
- Select an item using the drop down menu.
- Add the item to your shopping cart using the Add to Cart button.This will take you to your shopping cart.
- If you wish to purchase additional items, e.g. a transformer set, click Continue Shopping. This will return you to the Trinity Amps site.
- Select the next item you wish to purchase using the drop down menu and repeat from Step #2.
- When you are finished shopping, wish to check and are viewing your shopping cart, click either PayPal Check out or Check Out (Pay without a PayPal account).
- To view your shopping cart click View Cart on the Trinity Amps site and then check out using one of the aforementioned process.
- Be sure to include your phone number with your order.
- Shipping outside of North America will be adjusted and an email sent with details.
Payments can be made through PayPal to email@example.com. Payments can also be made using Interac e-Transfer, money order, cashier’s or personal check to Trinity Amps Inc.
We accept Canadian credit cards at our shop or by phone.
If you are located outside of Canada and want to make a payment using a VISA or Mastercard, an invoice will be provided using PayPal’s credit card service. No PayPal account is required.
Please be sure to send your full shipping address and contact phone number when ordering. If you have any questions, please contact us for more information, visit our web site or forum.
All prices are listed in US dollars. Orders ship from Brighton, Ontario, Canada, applicable taxes not included. Specifications and prices subject to change without notice.
Trinity Amps Inc.
+1-613-438-5854 Canada EST
14656 County Rd. 21