trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:00 am 
Expert
Expert

The more familiar you are with the circuitry and construction before you get going, the better. You can't read the builder's guide too many times! Pay special attention to the little jumpers on the Triwatt's circuit board! They are easy to miss.

Hank, I retired earlier this year, so I have lots of time to hang out on this forum too, as well as working on electronic, woodworking and software projects. We were both typing responses to Elliot's switch question at the same time yesterday, but you posted yours first. The more ways something is explained the better, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We are trying liquid electrical tape and coating the terminals of the smaller impedance switches. the issue is the mechanical construction and the terminals are too close to some of the metal body parts. Home Depot

https://www.gardnerbender.com/-/media/inriver/LTB-400_PKG_01.jpg?modified=20200110102322

On a recent build, I painted over the metal parts so there was not contact. I will try that and see if it becomes a standard recommendation or we paint them here. Trying to find a mid sized DPDT switch, just the next size large ones seem to be available. May need to change vendors.