trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:14 pm 

Hi guys,

I decided to join this forum as I am extremely interested in a TC-15 and the whole forum seemed inviting. After leaving my home forum years ago and floating on a few I refused to join another...inactivity, arrogance, nasty people etc.

I have been playing guitar a few years (very late starter at 30yrs old). Purely a bedroom player at this stage...my gear desires far outweigh the reality of living in a house with 4 adults.

I enjoy building guitars, amps, cabs, pedals as much as playing .
My experience is 4 guitars, 2 tube amps, 2 1x12 cabs, handful of pedals.

Amps are N5X 5w and 18w P1800 from Ampmaker in the UK.

I have started experimenting with a wet/dry setup and I think a TC-15 will match well with my 18w, better than the 5w, which is hard to balance the clean headroom when using the guitar volume.

I wanted tremolo and reverb but will be happy with a passive loop, considering these are not top notch on a modern AC15 from what I have read, and I have a Supa Trem and MXR reverb already.

I tend to play more classic rock than metal and want to explore more cleaner sounds. The 18w is great but pretty much no headroom.

Should I just pull the trigger and plan a combo cab while it ships?

Thanks for reading!

Felgor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi Felgor,

Welcome to the forum! It's not an extremely active forum, but people here are friendly and helpful.

You won't be disappointed with a TC-15. That was the first tube guitar amp I built. That was about 8 years and 9 amps ago and the TC-15 is still one of my favorites.

Trinity is a great company to do business with, too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:15 am 

mitch m wrote:
Hi Felgor,

Welcome to the forum! It's not an extremely active forum, but people here are friendly and helpful.

You won't be disappointed with a TC-15. That was the first tube guitar amp I built. That was about 8 years and 9 amps ago and the TC-15 is still one of my favorites.

Trinity is a great company to do business with, too.

Thanks Mitch.

I have just sent off an enquiry for shipping - and any recommended effects loops.

I am leaning towards an AC15 style combo cab. I may play with some IR's before picking the speaker.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:36 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

A passive loop can work well, just before the PI grid. Very cheap too.
Love the TC15. Still one of my faves!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:59 pm 
Friend
Friend

Life for me has been very busy so no time to check this forum out but this is one of the best ones out there and Trinity Amp Kits are the best ones to build, parts and directions are the best available. I built one of the 18 Watt kits and it is hands down my favorite amp to use. I am looking at getting a TC-15 for the VOX sound. Trinity Amps are the best, you won't be disappointed. Any help you need the people on this forum will be there for you.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 2:42 pm 

I have Two Guitars and Want To Learn New Ways To Play Them .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:52 am 

This the very first reality show of Sony entertainment television call Bigg Boss was hosted by Arshad Warsi. Bigg Boss was started on Sony entertainment television but now it is being streamed on Colors TV. You can say that Bigg Boss follows the Big Brother format, which watches first developed by Endemol in the Netherlands. The bigg boss which is being streamed in India is produced by EndemolShine India. Well knowing about the free first season of Bigg Boss and when did you start I will now discuss Bigg Boss season 13. First, we will start with the overview of Bigg Boss season 13 then we will go to a deep detail about it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:53 am 

Great thread guys. This is what I was looking for! loved it