trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:25 pm 
Friend
Friend

well after a year I've finally got this thing together. It's got a jtm45 preamp into a 36watt power section with the TB tone controls and matchless iron. I'm still tweaking it but I think the end result is gonna be great. I was shooting for the chime of an ac30 with the big mids of the old plexis.

I'll post some pics tomorrow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:19 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Looking forward to seeing and especially hearing it. Sounds very interesting. Can you record some clips?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:27 am 
Friend
Friend

aside from from tying up some of the wires and getting a better solution for a cathode bias resistor the only screw up was the inputs which i was able to get the same functionality out of with a more complex switch. I guess I'll get a plug to fill in the unsightlys......it sounds great I'll work on getting some sound files up...

eventually it's going into a cherry cab.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/kollantai/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:50 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Very interestring layout. Nice and modular.

Who made up the faceplate? and that cahssis looks heavy duty too!

So you got the jangle plus the meat you wanted from this? It would be intersting to see where/how you connected the Marshall/Vox. Schematic by any chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:39 am 
Friend
Friend

The modular approach comes from being a programmer I think, sort of ADT I guess..

Well the schem is really a mutt of three amps and it really doesn't have much vox in it, other than the tone control...basically I put the peices together and played it, adjusted a few values, played it again, adjusted, etc, etc.
it begin as a Jtm45 pre mated to a 36 watt power with a different PI, the PI isn't a vox but more of a 36watt with different grid and tail values, the coupling caps are also .022 instead of the .046 or even the .1uF, I'm still debating on that, right now it sounds great the way it is..it also has a dedicated presence control.

the preamp, through trail and error, barely resembles the jtm schem...it's even changed since I posted the photos this morning, really just get a balanced sound between the normal and bright channels without any noticable freq loss between the two, and to get the amp to breakup at the desired volume level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:41 am 
Friend
Friend

ohh, jeane from bnplasers made the faceplate adn the chassis is from local pal the KomboKing....I bought about three or four of his lightning chassis' when he made them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

Bryan,
Very cool! Are my eyes deceiving me or are the tube holes inset?
I bet that it sounds great.

LeeMo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:12 pm 
Friend
Friend

That chassis pic in the gallery is for another project, yes they're inset. it's a SVT that is a long term project for a bass player friend...we got one of the SVT mercury magnetics for it..it's massive.