trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:14 pm 

I am going to start a four EL84 amp. I am uncertain at to which one.
Hoffman AC30, Trinity DC30, 18 Watt with four EL34’s, Trinity 30, and a few others.
I am looking to get the Chimey EL84 overdrive but, I need to get as much volume as possible for live shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:58 pm 
Friend
Friend

I just finished putting an EF86 channel (DC30) into a 30 watt power section with the Westlabs (Matchless) tranny set. It's really all I need for chimey cleans and overdrive. Great sound and pretty simple to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:03 pm 

Would you recommend the DC30 over the AC30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:35 pm 
Friend
Friend

Either of those would give you plenty of volume for live shows. I prefer the sound of the EF86 preamp. I would think the DC30 might sound a little dirtier than the AC30 but it still retains that note definition.
The only way for you to really know is to play both or as many different amps as you can or try to find as many different sound clips as you can to compare them or something that's close to the sound you're looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:21 am 
Friend
Friend

KevinL wrote:
Either of those would give you plenty of volume for live shows. I prefer the sound of the EF86 preamp. I would think the DC30 might sound a little dirtier than the AC30 but it still retains that note definition.
The only way for you to really know is to play both or as many different amps as you can or try to find as many different sound clips as you can to compare them or something that's close to the sound you're looking for.

I'm looking into a tc30... isn't the cleaner channel (12AX7 I think) a copy of an AC30? then you just have extra beef on tap with the ef86 channel? Please clarify if I'm wrong (which I think I am) I've never played an ac30,played a dc30 a long time ago and found it had a lot of volume for a 30 watter, about as loud as a m@z 38.. Is a tc30 equal in volume to a dc30? I ask this because I have the 18 watt trinity plexi and it's got considerably less volume compared to my m@z jr. The m@z is a 1-12 combo and the trinity plexi is going through a z best..

:roll: :roll: