trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thor has arrived!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 pm 

This should be a fun project for the winter. I'm sure I'll be frequenting this forum for information, and advice as I start the build.

Attachment:
20210924_201840_copy_1600x901.jpg
20210924_201840_copy_1600x901.jpg [ 449.12 KiB | Viewed 5611 times ]

Post subject: Re: Thor has arrived!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:03 pm 

Just received my Thor today Oct 2; all is order but front of case is not drilled properly and choke is too close to bias pot-front plastic plate is fine but metal cabinet needs 3 holes drilled Hi and Low sensitivity and master volume. Will see what happens but I look forward to completing this kit. I have an 18 watt from AvatarSpeakers.com that I guess their amp builder moved on- this was a nice amp for the price but the Thor is higher gain with the 6V6 vs the EL34. Anyone have any suggestions please feel free to give your input as I have just started to install the hardware and grounding lugs etc. Thanks Frank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:12 pm 

Looking at your parts in the picture looks exactly like mine but did you get the effects loop? Good luck on your build- I'm off work for the next month to 6 weeks due to a minor surgery and will try to work on this a few hours each day as Im getting bored not being able to due much so some time at the bench building this will be just what I need.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:10 pm 

tank624 wrote:
Looking at your parts in the picture looks exactly like mine but did you get the effects loop? Good luck on your build- I'm off work for the next month to 6 weeks due to a minor surgery and will try to work on this a few hours each day as Im getting bored not being able to due much so some time at the bench building this will be just what I need.

Have you made any progress with your build?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:59 pm 

Yes about 80% complete working on Power Transformer and a little confused about black power wire from transformer does it go to the power switch left side or to the 1st position on the terminal strip 5 lug.. Thanks Frank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:42 am 

I haven't had much time to start my build, but I've finished a few things. I have the filaments wired. I'm going to try 12VDC on the preamp tubes, which is why they aren't linked to the power tubes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jVzqovRCppJ3yUsBA