trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New build, no smoke!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 am 
Friend
Friend

Good evening all! I finally was able to get my mitts on an 18 watt TMB, I'm way way beyond impressed with the quality, instructions, and support that I've received so far. Anywho...I got all the way through building the power section today and was able to fire it up for the initial power supply test. I know the voltages will be high on everything with no load and they were, as expected...however, I was just wondering how high is too high for filament voltage. I was showing 3.5 to 3.6 VAC to ground on most all of the filaments I checked. My wall voltage is 122 borderline 123. Aside from this, I was excited to fire it up initially with no smoke, fire, fumes, sparks or explosions! Looking forward to playing this beast!

Post subject: Re: New build, no smoke!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:49 pm 
Expert
Expert

Great that it's working so far! 3.6 VAC is about right for the heater voltage with no tubes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:12 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Sounds good. Looking forward to the next report.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:11 am 
Friend
Friend

Stephen, this thing absolutely and unquestionably kicks some major booty...I thought I was thorough but missed a single ground connection but found it quite quickly because I'd been using the tip about highlighting my schematic and diagram as I went. Powering it up was an absolute thrill and all I can say is thank you very much for bringing this amp kit to life. I can safely and honestly say that this amp will be with me from here on out and isn't ever leaving my collection. Now I just need to find an attenuator before the apartment complex kicks me out for blowing out their windows!