trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:39 pm 

Hi guys, first post. last year i picked up this phenomenal amp and have some information about it but was wondering if anyone might be able to shed a bit more light on just what this amp is?

the guy i got it off said he got it from i believe the original owner in 2010. I was told that the chassis and the cabinet were made by Tony Texiera of Tex Amps. The assembly and wiring was by Martin Newall.

It is essentially a single channel 1974x (trem side only) and the trem circuit is footswitchable. 12ax7s for preamp and tremolo 2 el84 power and 1 ez81 rectifier.

here are some gut shots

since this amp seems different from the tex and martin newall builds ive seen online.

was this some sort of prototype build for trinity? has martin newall produced an amp similar to this in the past?
any insight welcome! thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

When we were located in Toronto, Martin made amps on his own and sometimes purchased parts from us, mostly transformers because they were so good. Martin was part of the team who chose the OT.
No other connection here but I expect the amp is pretty good sounding if Martin made it. We were pretty close at the time.