trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:22 am 

I finished my sIII. Wahoo! I built it from a Trinity kit. It is my first build, and my first tube amp. It fired right up with no problems whatsoever. Has awesome tone and feel. (I am a novice player at best and am even worse at describing tone, so I will pass trying to do so.) The experience and results have exceeded my expectations.

I want to thank Stephen for providing such a great product backed by superlative service and support. I also want to thank s2 for contributing to this design and for making terrific transformers. Additionally, I want to thank all of you and the folks at the 18-watt.com community for helping me, even if indirectly and unknowingly.

Finally, thank you for allowing me to share. Following are some pictures.

Regards,
(Newbie) Rubato

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:38 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Congratulations! But be carful, it can become addictive ;) Very nice looking build and these cabinets are awesome :!:
Eddie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:21 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

You really did a really nice job there! I've seen experienced builds that weren't as clean as yours. Any comments on the Builders Guide you want to pass on?

Where did the cabinets come from? Very Luscious!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:01 am 

Stephen,

Thank you. I have been playing extensively over the past few days, and my mouth is still hanging open--the amp is phenomenal.

I am just coming into my own as a player and I really favor the blues and blues-based rock, particularly early British blues-based rock. I get cool bluesy sounds with my Stratocaster. And when I plug in my Les Paul knockoff and crank it up, wow, it just crunches with great overtones. These are the sounds I had in my head when I embarked on my quest to find my first good amplifier, and this amp delivers in spades. I am still experimenting between the two channels and am too novice to figure out how to use them distinctively (yet). But suffice it to say, I cannot find a bad sound in either.

The Trinity Amp Builder’s Guide was just what I needed to complete my build. It is comprehensive and well-written. It has a logical and sound flow, starting with some basics and theory, and then walks the builder through the build without too much hand-holding—just enough to keep one on track. I referred extensively to both the layout (mostly) and the schematic (to confirm, understand), of course. I was fortunate and did not have to use the remarkably thorough troubleshooting section! The color pictures you provided here in the forum to accompany the guide proved very useful.

Jeff Swanson, with DST Engineering, built the cabinets. The covering is a lush purple elephant vinyl and the grill cloth is vintage cane. The speaker cabinet houses two Celestion G12H30 speakers. It has a convertible back so I can run it open or closed (I think I like the open-back sound better so far). It also has a switch so I can run it with a single speaker or with both (so long as I match the impedance, of course). Jeff did an outstanding job.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Brad