trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

:lol:This is my first post and my first build.I must say I was a little apprehensive before ordering, however Stephen answered all my questions and concerns and besides I had a very competent tech checking my work.

I'm an older guy, played rock' n roll bass and guitar for the last 45 years and wanted a small lightweight lower wattage amp with tremelo and reasonable grind. Boy does this thing fit the bill!

The kit came with extremely clear and comprehensive instructions, and as I found out on several ,occasions, it helps to read them completely several times before starting.

The actual building was very easy even though I'm not a great solderer.
Stephen came to my rescue when my order for the transformers got delayed.I cannot remember when a company went this far to get one fixed up.I appreciated it very much.

It took a while for Stephen to complete the single 12 combo cabinet(black with salt and pepper grill), so I used a closed cabinet with an Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker. Hard to believe 18 watts can produce so much volume and tone. I was literally blown away. When the cabinet came, I mounted an Eminence Private Jack speaker as this is truly a British sounding unit.

The tremelo is very smooth and creamy, just the way I remember in my old and long gone Tremelux.Unbelieveable, the amp fired up the first time and is reasonably quiet, considering it lives at ''9'' most of the time.
One thing about the point to point amps, since there is little extra between the power source and the speaker, there is very good dynamics
and control from the guitar. Pick attack becomes another tone to work with.This amp is the most transparent amp soundwise and rewards accurate playing. I'm amazed at the sounds one can get from this wee brut. I've shown this amp to a bunch of my professional guitar players,and compared it to the original. The Trinity 18 watt tremelo passed with flying colours and a couple of fellows liked it better; could have been the speaker.This unit has that AC/DC ''spanky'' cranked grind that I was unable to get until now. It rocks in the rec room !

Since I live near Stephen, customer service is not a problem,and judging from what I read on similar sites, it won't be an issue.

Been playing for a long time; I'm not a great player, I played bass for 30 years, but I have good gear, both single and humbuckers. Both reward the ear with great sounds.
I retired recently so I must watch my spending, however the will be another Trinity in my future. Thanks Stephen!

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:21 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks for the review Jim. Much appreciatied. I will stop by some day and give it a good audition & going over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

Great review! Where's da pics? 8)

CR ><>

http://www.geocities.com/woodcrossamps/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

This was my first build and it's not pretty; besides I have no idea how to post a photo.
Stephen, drop by your next time down.

Jim