trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trinity sIII #1 Arrives!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:57 pm 

The Trinity sIII #1 arrived in Phoenix last Monday afternoon... This is one sweet tone machine. Very articulate and defined. Playing mainly with a LP Custom through an Avatar open back Greenback loaded 2x12 cab. Great response to pick attack and very nice Marshall style cleans at lower volumes on both channels. At higher volumes, the MV channel nails early Zepplin tones (which may be why Page licks are featured in one of the clips.) The normal channel is more rounded, not quite as aggressive--
This sweetheart can sing through either channel. The build quality is top notch. This baby has a very "vintage" vibe to it-- even when cranked up, it is very "defined"- no mud, nice strong bass and smooth glassy highs. I would put this up against other 18 watts costing two to three times as much.

I want to take the opportunity to thank Stephen and all the others involved in creating this design and to Ibet (Tybone) for the clips and all his efforts. Well done all!

This is a sweetheart of an amp. I am very happy and proud to be the owner of the sIII #1. I will be posting again in a few weeks after trying it with a Strat and also a 4x12 cab with 2 V30s and 2 Greenbacks.

Take care all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:44 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Thanks for the feedback. This is just great to hear! And s2 was a key member of the design team.

Now, about your clips...can't wait to hear them. 8)

Post subject: RE: Clips
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:05 pm 

It will be a while before I can get some studio time but clips are in progress. I am working on some backing tracks using Band In a Box (saves time over trying to get the guys together). Should have a few clips complete by months end.

Everyone involved in this project should take a bow. Very cool 18watter.
Suprisingly versitile for as "simple" as it is. Just drips with tone at any volume. The sustain is killer with Humbuckers and the "edge of feedback" is really sweet. Both channels deliver great tones! While it does"t have the clean headroom for a band situation, it does deliver a stunning "Marshall" clean at lower volumes. As the volume goes up, the fun begins. ( I will be trying it with a Strat tonight.)

Great amp, great design, and great group of people involved. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for early Marshall tone at lower volumes (this thing is loud but not as loud as a Plexi!) and at a very good price point--- shows that there still are deals to be had!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:46 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I'm flattered that you guys are liking the design this much. Stephen and I took a look at the current TMB and pondered what could be done to make it even better. Then we put our collective noggins together and worked out solutions to the "problems" (if you want to call them that). The sIII is the result of that work and feedback has been very good so far. With input from the community, the design can still be improved, so feel free to fire away!

And as you guys can imagine, Stephen was (and always has been) a joy to work with on this project!

Also, kudos have to go to Lawrence for lending his ears and his studio along the way to keep a couple of nuts from going too far out there...

Of course the main goal of any new design is to create an amp which inspires folks to PLAY MORE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:16 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

sIII NO. 1 HEAD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:59 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

And we all know purple sounds better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:18 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

..if not a bit hazy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:49 am 

Yes, purple does sound better! I got to use this with a Strat last weekend and the amp performed wonderfully. This baby packs some serious mojo! Great tones all the way around. If purple sounds this good, just think what red can do!