trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:46 am 
Friend
Friend

Wondered if you remember the amp settings for the clips of the TMB-MV on the "How Does It Sound?" page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:33 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I can't remember. I'll ping Lawrence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:14 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Billy Beck. Les Paul into the Normal Channel. I think I head everything (tone and volume) cranked.

SummertimeBilly - '62 RI strat into the TMB channel. I used a tube screamer to help get the tone. I also used a metal pick. The channel settings are normal with everything around 12 o'clock and the mids pushed a little.

BackToTheBilly - 335 into the Normal Channel once again Everything was cranked. As I recall I had the tone rolled of a little on the guitar. Bridge pickup mostly.

RhumbaBilly - 335 Set in the middle possition (both pickups). I used the TMB channel with the mids set high and the treble set about 3. Bass to taste. As I recall I had the volume cranked and the master around 6. Nice and thick sounding 'eh?

BlueBilly - 335 into the normal channel. Tone set way down and volume on 3 or 4. I used the neck pickup of the guitar for both sounds. The rhythm is and bass is played on the guitar. It looks like the clip got truncated as only 5 seconds of the clip is online. Sorry. But take it from me the solo is WICKED and a clone of what Bachman himself did.

All Night - don't recall much. It sounds like the normal channel about half way up to me....with the 335.

BillyLespaux2 - This is real spanky. Two takes with the Les Paul. The bed track is bridge pickup in the normal chanell. The lead is TMB channel Cranked with mids up full, and the treble on 5 or 6. It sounds like I had the bass up a bit too.

Caveat - Without getting into the details, this amp was special in that it had a pair of original hemp cone Tone Tubby Alinco's in it. They are truly unique speakers and were NOT broken in when the amp came to me for QA. You can hear the diff in some of the tracks. The speakers are a little stiff and buzzy until they break....but when they do your guitar sounds like a horn section. It would be a little tough to capture some of the elements of the tone without those speakers.

Hope this helps.
lbet