trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Effects loop
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

Has anyone installed an effects loop in their Trinity 18 watt? I’ve been looking at a couple of pre-made board kits from a couple of vendors online for ideas. The one thing I notice is it looks like the loop will only work on one channel, for instance the TMB channel if the loop is inserted between the treble pot and master volume. Does anyone have plans to build your own loop or should I just buy one of these kits?

Post subject: Re: Effects loop
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

It probably easier to buy a solid state one and install

But if your determined to make your own check this thread lots of good info

https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=10208.0

And yes it will be one channel or the other without some other changes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the input. I figured it was one channel only without doing some rearranging of the P.I. inputs. I use the TMB channel the most anyway. The two boards I’ve looked at are Metro Amps and Mojotone. The Metro board has a trim pot and selectable line and pedal levels as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

So I bought the Metro kit a couple of weeks ago. I’m hoping to get around to installing it next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:21 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Case24 wrote:
So I bought the Metro kit a couple of weeks ago. I’m hoping to get around to installing it next week.

Measure voltage at PI. Tap off at PI for Fx loop and adjust upstream Dropping resistor to bring PI back up to spec again.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:31 pm 

No. I did not but I really want to give it a try! I will let you know soon how the things are going on!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 5:45 am 

roseross wrote:
No. I did not but I really want to give it a try! I will let you know soon how the things are going on! or just buy research papers - it will save you time and at the same time you will have excellent performance in college

Please write what your attempt to try was crowned with?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:48 am 

I'd also like to know more about building a fx loop into my 18w 6v6 custom. I understand one problem with plexi kind amps is that the signal is most likely too hot between the v2 and the PI for the effects in between?
But i'm hoping me reducing the overal voltage with VRM (half way now) would perhaps take care of the too-hot signal problem?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:06 am 

Case24 wrote:
Has anyone installed an effects loop in their Trinity 18 watt? I’ve been looking at a couple of pre-made board kits from a couple of vendors online for ideas. The one thing I notice is it looks like the loop will only work on one channel, for instance the TMB channel if the loop is inserted between the treble pot and master volume. Does anyone have plans to build your own loop or should I just buy one of these kits?

It's great to hear that you're interested in installing an effects loop in your Trinity 18 watt amp! Adding an effects loop can bring a new level of versatility to your setup. While pre-made board kits from online vendors can provide a convenient solution, building your own loop is also a viable option if you have the necessary knowledge and skills. By constructing your own loop, you can customize its functionality and placement to suit your specific needs. However, if you're unsure about the technical aspects or prefer a more straightforward approach, purchasing one of the kits can be a convenient and reliable option. It ultimately depends on your comfort level with DIY projects and your desired level of customization. Whichever path you choose, incorporating an effects loop can greatly expand your tonal possibilities and enhance your playing experience.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:27 am 

Measure the voltage at the PI. Tap off at the PI for the FX loop and adjust the upstream dropping resistor to bring the PI back up to specification again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:59 pm 

Check online forums, community websites, or social media groups related to Trinity amps or DIY guitar amplifier modifications. These platforms often have discussions about specific modifications, and you may find individuals who have shared their experiences that adding an effects loop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:27 am 

Measure the voltage at the PI. Tap off at the PI for the FX loop, then adjust the upstream dropping resistor to bring the PI back to specification.