trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:35 pm 

This is kind of an odd deal from the beginning.

Ac couple of weeks ago I got a call from an acquaintance that knows I build amps for a hobby. (Though usually from scratch.) A guy that he knows had a Trinity amp kit that yet a 3rd guy had started building for him and for whatever reason couldn't or wouldn't finish. I'm not privy to all the details. Anyway, the guy asked me if I'd help out and I said I'd be glad to.

The guy ships it to me and a lot of the work is done. Board is assembled. I start flipping through the documentation (there's a whole thick packet). There's no schematic, but there's a layout. I verified the board against the provided layout and it checks out. I put the hardware in the chassis and wired the power supply and had to step away for a few days because of...life.

I found the resources section here and grabbed a schematic. Today I go to start making the board connections and something's odd. Some of the values don't seem to match up with the schematic, there's no cathode bypass cap for V2 at all, etc.

Again, the board is assembled correctly according to the provided documentation, it's just that this is a weird deal and I want to make sure I've got everything straight before I really get down to serious business. I suspect maybe the provided layout is outdated and the guy should have been using the one from the resources section here, but somehow missed that piece of information or something? Or maybe I'm a moron and overlooking something, which is what I'm more concerned about. Anyway, here's the board layout that came with the docs. Somebody set me straight, please?

Attachments:
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG [ 3.23 MiB | Viewed 6125 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:54 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We can email you the latest docs for either one or if there were genuinely missing parts, we can send them. Maybe a photo of the board would help or the name of the original owner and we can confirm what he bought.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:38 pm 
Friend
Friend

I want to say I really appreciate Trinity Amps for the quick response to the above question. When I got this amp a few years ago I got pretty nervous about building it and had decided to send it to a friend of a friend to build. As the story goes he had some medical issues and couldn't finish it for me so he shipped it back and I sent it off again. It is completed and i should receive it back in a few days. I'm so excited i can't stand it. I have 2 g12m I am going to use and build a custom cabinet for it. I will post in the coming weeks the cabinet build. Thanks again Trinity Amps as my builder said your response was very fast and he said the quality of the kit is outstanding. I know good things come to those who wait.

When I asked him how it sounded he replied "its a beast". :D

Skip Jack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:08 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Excellent. Happy it all worked out. Have some fun with that speaker cab. Sounds like it will be great!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:11 pm 
Friend
Friend

Here are a few finished pics. Going to build me a temporary speaker cabinet so I can here her sing. Pinkphiloyd told me she is a beast. I play a Les Paul Standard and I know it's going to be a perfect match.

Attachments:
IMG_20160826_104255421.jpg
IMG_20160826_104255421.jpg [ 5.71 MiB | Viewed 6049 times ]
IMG_20160826_104449248.jpg
IMG_20160826_104449248.jpg [ 5.9 MiB | Viewed 6049 times ]
IMG_20160826_104457930.jpg
IMG_20160826_104457930.jpg [ 4.42 MiB | Viewed 6049 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:00 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Nicely built. Enjoy it soon!