trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

MINT CONDITION. I haven’t even removed the protective film from the pickguard yet.
This was a limited run back in 2007 when Gibson did their Guitars of the Week. From week 37:
“Gibson’s beloved ’67 SG Special makes a grand re-entrance with a pair of snarling black soapbar P-90s that ensure a crisp, bright tone and miles of midrange. With the archetypal look of the Heritage Cherry finish, a bound rosewood fingerboard, and a vintage-style pickguard, this mahogany rock machine represents the combination of looks, functionality, and value that is the hallmark of the SG series.”

Specs and pictures are still available at Gibson’s website: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/G ... ue-Week37/
In a nutshell, it’s a limited run recreation of the classic cherry SG with P-90s that guys like Pete Townshend played back in the late ‘60s. Nice, lightweight mahogany body, small pickguard, black soapbars, etc.

I’ve had this for a few months and it hasn’t left the house. Too much gear, too many recent purchases and Christmas is right around the corner, so some stuff must go. Besides, I suppose I’m more of a Les Paul guy in the end! This guitar looks like it’s brand new and comes with original Gibson hardshell case and whatever paperwork that came with it. The guitar of the week case is sort of distinctive too: black hardshell with reptile pattern tolex, silver “Gibson USA” logo on the outside, white plush interior - definitely a bit different than my brown Les Paul case with the pink plush interior from the '90s.

These things aren’t made anymore, so mint ones are obviously rare. The most distinctive bit for me is probably how shockingly light the body is, especially compared to my Les Paul and CS-336.

$900

Last edited by RMosack on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:16 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Will attempt to post pics...

Headstock

Case (with GotW texturing)

Guitar in Case

Close-up of body, pickups, controls

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 am 
Experienced
Experienced

********** SOLD *************