trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:22 pm 

Hello,

I usually would have e mailed Stephen on this one, but maybe some other Triton owners can chime in.

I've been considering buying a Triton for some time for use at small pub blues jams. I'd be using it for guitar.

Pretty darn small pubs, bass, drums, maybe another guitar, vocals. Most of these jams have drummers that are volume sensitive, and most of the house bands keep jammers under control in terms of volume. Most folks will be able to talk over the music with some effort.

What's a darn small pub? Maybe a 40-75 person capacity, although they usually are not filled to capacity.

Chicago blues, so it's certainly electric, and I don't mind lack of clean headroom. If I need to run the Triton wide open, and back off on my guitar's volume control, I can do that. I can say that in the past I've used a 15 watt 1x10 combo, and have had some in reserve in terms of volume.

I have other amps that can do the job easily, but I am looking at the Triton for its extreme portability. I like to walk to jams if possible, or hop light rail. I can do that with larger gear, to some extent, but something the size of the Triton would be ideal. I'm familiar with the sounds of tweed circuit amps, so I know what I'm getting into there.

I'd be running a 6L6 for this application. I'd also like to use the 8" Tone Tubby if it is efficient.

So, Stephen, and anyone else: Good idea or will I struggle? I mean, if I struggle, I can always come back with my Trinity 18, hehe...

PS This is all theoretical, of course, until Covid-19 peters out...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:40 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

LK, you may need to PM Stephen. Seems like Backstage posts are often ignored and don't show up in new posts.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:29 pm 

Hankules wrote:
LK, you may need to PM Stephen. Seems like Backstage posts are often ignored and don't show up in new posts.

Thanks Hankules, I think I'll do that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:07 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

A Triton would definitely have worked for you. Currently, they are out of stock though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:07 am 

Using a 6L6 tube in the Triton for this application should provide you with the desired tone and character. However, online games it's worth noting that the efficiency of the 8" Tone Tubby speaker might affect the overall volume and projection. You may want to consider the speaker's efficiency rating in relation to your volume needs.