trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trip Top in the Studio
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:57 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Brent Bodrug tested the Bass Amp in his studio . It was up against an Original Ampeg B15 from the 70's. Brent starts off with a PRS Mira to try out the Bass Amp. We did get around to using a Fender Bass but we need a real BASS player!! You can see his 70's original Ampeg fliptop beside the Bass Amp. We did do sonic comparisons and you can see Brent's reaction. It remains in Sly-Fi Chapel Studio for now!

This is what Brent had to say:

A couple of initial thoughts on the TRIP TOP (I'm gonna keep calling it that til it sticks!!!)... it is possible to get it to sound VERY VERY close to my 70's B15N so it's authentic :) But the TRIP TOP (see?!? haha) has some extra hot sauce the original doesn't. Calling it a bass amp is missing half the point, it's an AMAZING guitar amp even if you don't own a bass. But it absolutely kills for bass :) I'm going to reamp all the bass on my current project with the TRIP TOP. This amp has a different sonority than all the other Trinity offerings - I've always found Stephen's amps to have a focus on a very smooth but sparkly top end (the Triwatt being the one that deviated from this a teeny bit as its somewhat darker). Not that there was a problem with the bottom end of any of them, but for me they really shone in the top. The TRIP TOP is the opposite - there's still a nice smooth top end and plenty of it, but this amp is all about low end girth and grind. It's got a nice big tight booty (even with the bass tone knob on full!) that inspires rocking out down low on the neck with open chords!! Fixed bias has a more forward, clear, present sound... Cathode bias gives it a saggier feel but adds this gorgeous rich high harmonic overtone to everything - really nice for those ringy single coil U2-esque type sounds.
As it stands this thing is ready for prime time right now, it's cup already runneth over, and I've ordered mine in gold sparkle tolex!! :D

One more thing... for those looking for that classic Ampeg bass sound (is there another bass sound?!?!) it's here... IN SPADES. With my P Bass it gave EVERYTHING my B15N does and even a bit more if you're feeling radical. And my secret weapon pedals I use for bass on every record I make worked every bit as well with the TRIP TOP as they do with my Ampeg. :)

Attachments:
b15studio.jpg
b15studio.jpg [ 386.88 KiB | Viewed 8755 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:43 am 
Friend
Friend

Will this be offered as a kit?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:00 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Yes, it will be offered as a kit. we will post the info on our web site and forum. when it is ready to go.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:57 pm 
Friend
Friend

:) awesome!