trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:11 am 

Hi all

Just finished building a Trip Top kit (my first amp build!) and wanted to check how close the measured voltages should be to the Voltage Charts? Supply voltage is 240V and I am using 6L6GC's. I am using JJ Tubes for all tubes.

Below is what I am reading in Cathode Bias (figure in brackets is the Voltage Chart value)
B+ 436V (452)
V1 Pin2 167.8 (178) Pin3 2.42 (2.3) Pin5 171.8 (190.0) Pin6 2.0 (1.9)
V2 Pin2 93.2 (114) Pin3 1.32 (1.2) Pin 5171.3 (183.0 Pin6 2.38 (2.2)
V3 Pin2 (difficulty getting to access) Pin 3 (Difficulty getting access) Pin5 177 (212) Pin6 1.88 (2.2)
V4 Pin3 433 (449) Pin4 427 (427) Pin8 35.2 (32)
V5 Pin3 436 (449) Pin4 428 (427) Pin8 35.2 (32)
V6 Pin4 356 (364) Pin6 355(364)

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Cheers Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I would say you are fine with those voltages. What about fixed bias mode?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:35 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hello Andrew,

Congratulations on building your first amp kit! It sounds like you've made good progress. When it comes to measuring voltages in a tube amplifier circuit, there can be some variation from the ideal values due to factors such as component tolerances, tube characteristics, and other variables. However, it's important to ensure that the measured voltages are within a reasonable range to ensure the proper operation and safety of the amplifier.

Looking at the voltages you've provided, here are a few observations:

B+ Voltage (436V): The difference between your measured B+ voltage (436V) and the chart value (452V) isn't significant. It's common for supply voltage to vary a bit, and as long as it's within a reasonable range, it should be fine.

Voltage on Tube Pins: For most of the pins you've listed, the differences between the measured values and the chart values are within an acceptable range. Tubes and components can have variations, and small deviations from the ideal values are normal.

V3 Voltage (Pin5): The difference on V3 Pin5 (177V vs. 212V) is a bit larger than the others. If this voltage is intended for a cathode resistor bias, a significant difference could impact the biasing and overall performance of the tube. You might want to investigate this further, especially if there's difficulty accessing the pins. only up

V4, V5, and V6: The measured voltages on these pins seem reasonably close to the chart values, with small variations that are likely within the normal range.

Remember that the tolerances and acceptable ranges can vary depending on the specific design of the amplifier circuit and the tubes being used. If you have access to any technical documentation or support from the kit manufacturer, it's a good idea to consult that information for guidance on acceptable voltage ranges.

If you're concerned about any specific measurements, it might be a good idea to consult with experienced amp builders or technicians who can provide more precise advice based on the details of the circuit you're working with. Always prioritize safety when working with high voltages and complex electronics.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:42 am 

your measured voltages are quite close to the Voltage Chart values, and most of them fall within an acceptable range. It's common to have some slight variations due to component tolerances and other factors. As long as the subway surfers differences are not significant and everything is functioning properly without issues like excessive heat or distortion, your amplifier should be in good shape.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:00 am 

Keep in mind that the tolerances and permissible ranges can change based on how the amplifier circuit was specifically designed and the tubes that were utilized. If the kit manufacturer has provided any technical documentation or assistance, you should refer to such material for advice on acceptable voltage ranges.
geometry dash world

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:54 am 

Congratulations on building your fnaf first amplifier! That's a great achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:09 am 
Friend
Friend

Congratulations on completing your first amp build! It's great that you're checking and monitoring the voltages to ensure everything is within the expected range. The measured voltages you provided are generally close to the values on the voltage chart, and in many cases, the differences are within an acceptable range.

However, it's important to note that variations can occur due to factors such as component tolerances, tube variations, and other factors. Here are some specific observations based on the values you provided:

B+ Voltage (436V, Chart: 452V): This difference is within an acceptable range. Variations in the power supply and other Minecraftle factors can lead to slight differences.

Tube V1: The voltages on Pin 2 and Pin 5 are a bit lower than the chart values, but they are still within an acceptable range.

Tube V2: The voltages on Pin 2 and Pin 5 are lower than the chart values, but they are still within an acceptable range. The voltages on Pin 3 and Pin 6 are close to the chart values.

Tube V3: It seems you had difficulty accessing Pin 2 and Pin 3, but the values on Pin 5 and Pin 6 are within an acceptable range.

Tubes V4, V5, and V6: The measured voltages are generally close to the chart values, and the differences are within an acceptable range.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:11 am 

Just finished my build as well! Most of the voltage are in range (often lower, but that is probably because mine main voltage is 230VAC).

The only voltage that sticks out for me, is V3, pin5. The chart says 212V in cathode bias and 225V in fixed bias. I measure 347.8V and 359.5V! To me it's seems like to much of a difference, any ideas?

If I measure between R28/R29 I got 386VDC and that seems correct (the schematic is showing 388V.

(B+411VDC cathode bias, B+428VDC fixed bias).