trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Effects loop rolloff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:14 pm 

OK now for a little watchmaking. I have a noticeable high rolloff when I connect my pedal board to the effects loop.
I understand that the cables, pedals and whatnot contribute. I also know that I can engage buffered bypass circuits in the pedals.
I'm just looking for added experienced input. Also I get some pretty hard blocking distortion when running pedals in the effects loop and turning the amp/guitar to full volume. I do not have an active buffer installed in the amp.

Post subject: Re: Effects loop rolloff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:35 pm 

OK after going through a lot of cables and playing with the buffer switches on the pedals I think I've found a good trade off.
The simple answer is that short expensive cables perform best.
The buffer is turned on on the tuner (first pedal) and the reverb ( last pedal).

Now I'm going to play with the bias on the 6L6 tubes to see if I can eliminate the bass farts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:51 am 

I recognize how the cables, pedals, and other elements work together. I am also aware that the pedals have buffered bypass circuits that I can activate. I simply need additional expert advice. Furthermore, while using pedals in an effects loop and pushing the amp and guitar up to their maximum level, I experience some very intense blocking distortion. I haven't added an active buffer in the amplifier. drift hunters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:59 am 

Bradman wrote:
OK after going through a lot of cables and playing with the buffer switches on the pedals I think I've found a good trade off.
The simple answer is that short expensive cables perform best.
The buffer is turned on on the tuner (first pedal) and the reverb ( last pedal).connections

Now I'm going to play with the bias on the 6L6 tubes to see if I can eliminate the bass farts

And what was the result? I'm curious how it turned out, because I also encountered the same situation as you.