trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OSD Build
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:30 am 

Hi folks, My name is Dave and I'm the proud new owner of an awesome Trinity OSD amp. I came across Trinity amps last year while looking for amp kits. I always liked the idea of point to point wiring and don't like the idea of PCB which when break, us old blind folks cant fix easy. the beginning of the year I bought the Trinity 18W kit. put it together. had no issues with the build and was really impressed with the results and sound. its an awesome amp in itself. SO after that great experience I decided to buy and build the OSD kit. three weeks later the amp kit arrived. Great craftmanship on the case. this kit is a bit more complex than the 18W , but reading the build manual a couple times the order of operations becomes clear. one of the hardest parts of the kit is Identifying the components and keeping them orderly. once this is done the build went smooth. Power up went well. voltages came within specs.

Hooked up a guitar and was blown away. good volume level control on this amp. cleans to dirt on the regular channel. OD galore with the OD channel. with the rock jazz and midboost options oh and the pre amp boost and the trim on the back you can find any OD tone you want. A huge assortment of tones available t your fingertips. Just blown away by this.

Stephen and the folks at Trinity amps all get ^5's for this product. enclosed are two links to my build. I enjoyed doing this amp. learned allot.
https://imgur.com/gallery/OuCMPsz part 1
https://imgur.com/gallery/CYW34Pi part 2

thanks again Trinity amps great service great product and great support..
Cheers
David Leonard :happydance:

Post subject: Re: OSD Build
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:09 am 
Friend
Friend

Great pics! Seriously, it's so much better to see a full color picture of each step. I'll be using this to double check my work along the way! I'm still in the early stages, ready to add components to V4 & V5.