trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 am 

Hi everybody. Just started my OSD build and faced the question. I just started wiring send\return jacks, there must be a thin black jumper wire there according to manual and schematics, but there's no thin black cable in my kit. There's 5ft 26AWG red cable, is this it?
Would appreciate any help with this question. Thank You

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 am 
Experienced
Experienced

If it 's a thin black line running from a thick black line then you are looking at a shielded wire and the thin black line is the shield (ground) and the thick black line is the conductor/signal wire (center wire). There should be instructions in the Build Manual (pg. 69) on how to prepare this or in Resources. At least I think so from your description. Also if you trace the large black wire on the Send jack to the front panel you'll see the same thing. Important: the shield goes to ground ONLY on ONE end as shown in layout. Hope this helps and is not too confusing. reply back if this is not clear or we're talking about something different. BTW, the wire your looking for is fairly thick and has a slightly rough texture.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 am 
Experienced
Experienced

OH, and follow the build guide. I would suggest reading thru at least once or twice before getting to deep in the build , the OSD is a complicated build.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:43 am 

Hankules wrote:
If it 's a thin black line running from a thick black line then you are looking at a shielded wire and the thin black line is the shield (ground) and the thick black line is the conductor/signal wire (center wire). There should be instructions in the Build Manual (pg. 69) on how to prepare this or in Resources. At least I think so from your description. Also if you trace the large black wire on the Send jack to the front panel you'll see the same thing. Important: the shield goes to ground ONLY on ONE end as shown in layout. Hope this helps and is not too confusing. reply back if this is not clear or we're talking about something different. BTW, the wire your looking for is fairly thick and has a slightly rough texture.

Thanks for your reply, but we are talking about different things. This cable is called RG174U coaxial cable and has a specific usage. Yeah, description is on page 70 of updated manual (1.17 ver). I've got an answer from Trinity support today and they suggesting to use cut offs from the transformers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:38 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Sorry, didn't know for sure.