trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OSD Kit up & Running
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:42 am 
Novice
Novice

Ive been wanting to build a Dumble style amp for a long time for a long time, but with other builds going on and not being 100% confident in the documentation I was finding I always went on to other things. So when I saw Trinity was putting this kit together I knew it would be top notch and that this was my opertunity to build one. I went back & forth on building a head cab or a combo, I went with a head for flexability. I had everything I needed to build the cabinit so it was just a matter of getting the chassis in my hand to start cutting. Once that was done I went on to put the amp together. Of course the kit parts are top notch and the docs & info are second to none. As the build went along I did find a few things that could be improved on the build information and a couple differences between the layout & the schematic, which is understandable since this is a first generation kit available from Trinity. I did make a list of the things I found, a very small list maybe five things.
As I went along I checked transformer voltages and the relay before moving on to the next step. When start up time came I did use a light bulb limiter when I first turned it on , just in case, & all was well. I biased the matched 6v6's to 22ma , documented all the voltages , All the B+ voltages were a few to 10 or so volts lower than what the chart showed but all well with in specs.
The first thing I noticed after playing for a few miniutes, and its always the first thing I look for , is how quite the amp is. No humm, no hiss & even cranked with the overdrive engaged , there is very little extrenious noise. Always a good sign. Everything worked perfectly right from the start, all the controls, foot switch and toggles. The amp is an absolute joy to play, I am not an acomplished guitar player so I know that when I can make an amp sound good and when an amp makes me sound good its a great amp. Honestly this amp makes even my playing seem easy, everything I play sounds great & seems efortless. Another thing is the tone & feel of the amp at low volume! Fantastic, you dont have to disrupt the whole neighborhood to have a great sound & tone, clean & dirty. The clean tones are to die for and have a sustaining quality to them that other amps lack, the Overdrive is smooth and has a fantastic thick overtone quality to it.
I could not be happier with the way this amp turned out and with the product & service from Trinity Amps. Thanks for everything. . Joe

Attachments:
IMG_1191.1.jpg
IMG_1191.1.jpg [ 575.15 KiB | Viewed 6019 times ]
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG [ 3.23 MiB | Viewed 6019 times ]

Post subject: Re: OSD Kit up & Running
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:47 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Joe, what an awesome build and cabinet to boot. Congratulations on your success. No wonder it is quiet, the lead dress is exemplary. Love the fact you ran the heater wires untwisted and above the sockets. Nice job. Same with the 5VAC realy supply wires.
Send me your list please!

Post subject: Re: OSD Kit up & Running
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We have updates to post for the Schematic, Layout and manual. Get in touch If you havent heard from us.