trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New TriFly Amp
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:47 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We had a customer call us with an inspiring request. His ears were suffering form an illness and he could not take any loud sounds. but he still wanted to play his guitar like his JCM 800s . "Make me a small, higher gain amp that I can play but that my ears can tolerate".

So the research began and we will document the process and results here.

Stay tuned! We are going for it!

Post subject: Re: New TriFly Amp
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:23 am 

Hi Stephen, I have been watching the updates for the Trifly and I have a question. My friend who I fly with at work has a son who recently joined the Marines. Once his training slows down he is going to miss his guitar! But being ex-military myself I know that loud guitars in a barracks gets you the wrong kind of attention! I was curious If it would be possible to put a headphones output on the TriFly? A good tube amp through headphones would sound much better that any little practice amp, have the option of a real ext. cab in recreation areas, easy to store in a wall locker. Painted blue with a U.S. Marines Emblem would make a nice present to say thank you for your service!

Thanks again!
Brad

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:15 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Yes, it's possible and will be an option to try. Headphone jacks on amps. typically need some compensation to make the headphone sound pleasing, so it will take a few trials to get there. The other option is a Master Volume which we are already experimenting with.
I like your idea as a gift :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:45 pm 

I think some type of power scale, MV AND a headphone or line out are all fine ideas! Depending on your needs, that would pretty much cover it all.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:58 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

We have successfully tried a MV which works great and a Tone control which also works great. It hardly sucks any gain at all which was a real bonus. Next we should really try the headphone but we have made a lot of progress.