trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Power Amp
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:13 am 

I was wondering what you guys think is the best power amp for under 500 it can be SS or Tube but please explain why you think so. I've narrowed my search down some I guess here is what I've come up with so far

What do you think about these types of power amps - https://stereodamage.com/top-5-power-am ... d-reviews/

ART SLA2 Solid-state

Rocktron Velocity 300 Solid-state but apparently sounds a lot like a tube

Used Carvin TS100 Tube

feel free to tell me why these are great or why they suck or give a completely new recommendation.

Last edited by Rindarane on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Power Amp
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:15 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

https://www.guitarworld.com/tag/buyers-guides Here's a link to GW. Has what THEY consider to be best guitar amps under $500 on page 2. You'll notice most are modeling type amps. Not a player, however, I prefer hearing tube amps for musical performance and solid state for musical reproduction. Tubes have a better sound when pushed into clipping versus the the harshness of solid state clipping. Tubes produce more pleasing 2nd and 3rd order harmonics. That's about all I got.

You might give a better idea of the type of music you normally play or want to play. And hopefully get some better advice from people who play. This forum section (Backstage) seems to be ignored quite a bit. Maybe this will bump your post some. :hmmm:

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 6:56 am 

Rindarane wrote:
I was wondering what you guys think is the best power amp for under 500 it can be SS or Tube but please explain why you think so. I've narrowed my search down some I guess here is what I've come up with so far

What do you think about these types of power amps - https://stereodamage.com/top-5-power-am ... d-reviews/

ART SLA2 Solid-state
baldi's basics

Used Carvin TS100 Tube

feel free to tell me why these are great or why they suck or give a completely new recommendation.

The best power amp for under 500 is too good. Before that, I used some old skills to search the thrift market. It only costs $300. Such things are too good for me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 am 

Waltin1 wrote:
Rindarane wrote:

ART SLA2 Solid-state
baldi's basics
io games

Used Carvin TS100 Tube

The best power amp for under 500 is too good. Before that, I used some old skills to search the thrift market. It only costs $300. Such things are too good for me.

I think like you