Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Odd tube?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:17 pm 
Expert
Expert

Bought 2 EF-86 tubes from Mojo.
Got a EH86 and an well.... I don't know.
Looks like a EF-86.
The numbers are :

Well, looks like a winged C, But it's definitely old. The pins are old.
The Russian #'s are OTK10
6X32N The x and n are ... well I don't know
Those are the 3 #'s on the tube.
Looks exactly like a EF-86. In fact the EH doesn'nt look like one in compari8son.
Considering the microphonics of the EF-86, I'm really hoping this one works. Might be very cool. Military N.O.S. maybe, Nice.
Thanks,
Jac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:30 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Stocking up for the new amps are we! You can but try these things. Hope it works out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Yes we are. Someone's got too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:46 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hey you still didn't answer,

What do you think about using the spring loaded shields as a stabilizer for the EF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:43 am 
Novice
Novice

jac wrote:

What do you think about using the spring loaded shields as a stabilizer for the EF?

Those might be a little small for an EF86. I find they have a slightly larger bottle than the ECCxx series.

My personal favorites are Mullards and RFT EF86s. They can still be had nice and cheap. I bought 4 RFT (2 labelled Tesla) EF86s for about £15 exc. p&p off Ebay.

I am going to try rewiring my Ampmaker 18 watt lite with an EF86 and a PPIMV and see what happens.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:31 pm 
Friend
Friend

Wicksy wrote:
jac wrote:

Those might be a little small for an EF86. I find they have a slightly larger bottle than the ECCxx series.

My personal favorites are Mullards and RFT EF86s. They can still be had nice and cheap. I bought 4 RFT (2 labelled Tesla) EF86s for about £15 exc. p&p off Ebay.

I am going to try rewiring my Ampmaker 18 watt lite with an EF86 and a PPIMV and see what happens.

yes, me too
Pokemon Infinite Fusion

Post subject: Re: Odd tube?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:09 am 
Friend
Friend

You might want to rethink putting those on an EF86. I prefer them to the ECCxx series because of the slightly larger bottle size.

Mullards and RFT EF86s are two of my favorite types of transistors. You can still get them for a reasonable price. I purchased 4 RFT EF86s from eBay for around £15 (excluding postage and handling).

I want to see what happens if I replace the stock wiring in my Ampmaker 18 watt lite with an EF86 and a PPIMV. basketball stars

Post subject: Re: Odd tube?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:54 am 

xenoiaten wrote:
BaileyDaugherty wrote:
You might want to rethink putting those on an EF86. I prefer them to the ECCxx series because of the slightly larger bottle size.

Mullards and RFT EF86s are two of my favorite types of transistors. You can still get them for a reasonable price. I purchased 4 RFT EF86s from eBay for around £15 (excluding postage and handling).
drift boss
I want to see what happens if I replace the stock wiring in my Ampmaker 18 watt lite with an EF86 and a PPIMV.

"Odd Tube" is an intriguing and unique concept that has caught the attention of many. This platform stands out in the world of online entertainment due to its distinctive content and innovative approach. Unlike traditional streaming services, Odd Tube focuses on curating a collection of unconventional and offbeat videos that cater to a niche audience seeking something different from the mainstream.

Thanks for your easy to understand explanation!