trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 65 deluxe reverb reissue
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:19 pm 
Friend
Friend

Found a guy who gutted a new deluxe reverb reissue to do a hand wired version of it, so I got the pots pcb, the main pcb and the caps pcb for next to nothing and decided to try to put a cheap version of this amp together. So I bought the transformers, tube sockets, tubes, optoisolator and built a chassis and slapped it together. The amp is working but I have a few problems, I put in a bias testing spot and my bias is reading from 0 to 10 mv (the optimal reading for this amp is 25). You can hear my optiosolator loudly pulsing through the speaker when reverb and vibrato is engaged even with all the knobs at 0. Obviously with bias numbers so low the amp sounds pretty bad, with only a couple of kits under my belt mabey I'm in over my head with this one any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

You need to check the bias voltage is in the correct range (-30 to -40V) for 6L6 tubes. IF not, you need to adjust the circuit. That's just a start.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:02 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Also, where in the circuit did you install the bias test point? What did you use for bias test resistors?

Even if that was wrong though, there are still issues that need fixing it looks like. But yeah it sounds like something wonky in your bias circuit. Do you have a schematic of the amp?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:18 pm 

And where exactly did you install the bias test point in the circuit? For bias test resistors, what did you use?

stick merge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:46 am 

Can you recommend me where to buy it so I can refer?

drift boss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:52 pm 

It sounds like you've embarked on a DIY amp project using salvaged parts and encountered some issues. The low bias and pulsing optoisolator when using reverb and vibrato can be frustrating. Given your limited experience with amp kits, it's possible this project is quite challenging. Consider seeking advice from experienced amp builders or forums to troubleshoot and fine-tune your build for optimal performance. Good luck!