trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:22 am 
Novice
Novice

i've got three phone battery chargers...4.2V...theres a trim pot in it, to set the voltage to 4.2V (as i understand)...

would it be worth wiring two of these in series to try to get a separate power supply for my pedal board? i had thought that i could mount in on my amp head...then its always with me...

Thoughts? is there something glaring that i'm not thinking about? i had mistakenly thought it would wire it in parallel...but then was reminded it would have to be in series (two units) to get the 8.4V...but...now i'm not sure how to connect them in series...

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:16 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

IF you were to do this, you could plug connect them like two batteries. One positive to other negative and you would get 8.4v. But the hassle is having two wall warts to plug in. Not my cup of tea. A 9v charger is less than $10. That would be my preference. I have quite a few here I have salvaged if you want to pay postage (could be held to cost of a new one!!)