trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:26 pm 

Hi everyone. I've been thinking about a new amp for a while and have been looking at the Tramp. On paper it seems like it is just the ticket amongst the low watt/switchable/scalable amps (plus tube swapping...cool). This would be my first tube amp and although these might be pricey for a first amp I don't mind paying more for a quality made, serviceable amp (made in Canada to boot). Amps that I'd be interested in are the Reeves Custom 6 or 12, VoxAC4HW, Marshall Class 5, Traynor Dark Horse. They all sound good from available clips and videos but there isn't nearly as much out there on the Tramp, especially videos that demonstrate the VRM. Some are hard to demo as there are no dealers nearby such as Suhr and Reeves (and Trinity). I've just started a month long demo of the Dark Horse and so far I wouldn't say I have to have it. I find it somewhat noisy with some hiss and hum on the 12 watt setting, even on low gain and volume and worse as you increase either (the 0.8 watt setting is great though). There are lots of tones to be found with the Brit/USA/Pure/Vol/Gain/Bass/Treble combinations. It appears well built, quality parts and speaker. Styling is an acquired taste. I'm just a hobbyist/player and play 60's and 70's classic rock stuff through a Highway 1 Strat, a MIA standard Tele, and Epi LP Custom (all stock guts). Anyhow if anyone has any experience or opinions/thoughts with these compared to their Tramp or videos they can post it would be very helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I have yet to see a video demo of the Tramp. Nothing on You Tube. Here's a challenge to the members!
Might be possible to set you up with a demo at someone's place. Where are you located?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:42 pm 

I'm in Calgary. I'm surprised at the lack of videos as well for all Trinity products given the activity of the forum. With all of the positive comments on the forum I would think there would be more... it would be a tremendous marketing opportunity for Trinity to post some of their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:14 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Agree.

There is a Tweed Trinity Tramp in Calgary we shipped out last year. If you want us to set up a visit, email me.