trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:20 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I got the speaker about a week ago. I have been playing it in my Two Rock and an 18 Watt sIII proto and a TMB.

In terms of loudness it sounds a little bit more efficient than a Greenback even though the Sammi is 96.0 dB/W/M and the GB is 97. In terms of tone the Sammi has a fairly complex midrance character. I am still trying to figure it out a bit. Anyway it has a grind to it that I like and the bass and lower mids still stay focused. The highs are rolled off nicely so I am looking forward to checking it out with the 15 watt.

The clean sound is bright but not too bright. The cone seems to break up but in a nice warm way. I am going to break it in a bit with a transformer (being the impatient SOB that I am) and see if/how the tone changes.

For now, here is a clip I bashed out on the day I got the speaker. I am using the first Trinity sIII (now on it's way to a happy customer!) and my 335. Please forgive my Page envy.

Sammi Sound Clip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

Sounds good, I have just recieved a ME-300B50 which I have to put a cab together for sometime today. There seems to be quite a lot of interest in these speakers, I am hoping if I like the sound I can get in quick before their prices go up ;-) I am told that 2 X 10 with Sammis sounds great as well. I will probably break it in by streaming Jimi Page from my computer through it continuously for about 10 hours while I am at work.
Nigel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:59 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Trinity18_sIII - Sammi 40 Watt Speaker.

http://www.trinityamps.com/ForumGallery ... _18_p2.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:21 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hey Larry,

How goes it with the break-in on the Sammi.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:03 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

HeeBGB,

I was with lbet on Sunday putting the sIII through it's paces into those Sammis. Did 30 min worth of clips. Let me tell you, when you hear those clips, you will be blown away! I want them too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:25 am 
Novice
Novice

How's North American availability? HeeBGB at 18w seems to just carry 50 and 100 watt 12's, and it seems he goes shipment to shipment. Anything more solid without gouging?

Bear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:28 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Haven't found a supplier up in Canada yet. These came via HeeBGB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

Anthony at Reason has the Sammi B40 for 50 Bux US. http://www.reasonamps.com/studioseries.htm At the bottom of the page.

CR ><>

http://www.geocities.com/woodcrossamps/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

A bit off topic, but have you tried the new Two Rock 12-65's yet? I have a two rock 2x12 with them being driven by my Custom Reverb and man, they are great.

Too bassy with my Lightning, but for that old school Fendery/Dumbly tone, it's there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:15 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hi Guys,

Anthony got them from me actually. And yes I do go from order to order because Sammi is a bit slow to deal with and getting samples is not easy. I won't buy quantity of any model I haven't heard first. I knew what I was getting with the 300B40's because I bought one before ordering from Korea. I also bought 10pcs of the 300B50's which turned out to be good too. I haven't heard the G300B100 yet but I am trying to get a sample...but Sammi is slow at best. I am also the US distributor for Sammi so you will have to get them from me or somone who bought from me unless they find some old stock somwhere like Parts Express did.

Glad you like the 40 watters Steven. I can private label for you also or have no label and you can apply it yourself if you're interested.

Greg