trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tramp jr.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 am 
Novice
Novice

I ordered my tramp a few weeks back. It arrived right on time. I didn’t get started for some time due to the hurricane we had here. Ive built quite a few amps over the years, the last amp I built from a kit was the first amp I ever built, maybe 14 years ago. I decided to give this one a go after reading all the good things about it and listening to the sound clips. I have to say I was very impressed with everything about the kit, from the packaging to the part selection to the info provided. The documentation that comes with the kit is extremely detailed and very well organized. My hat is off to Stephen and the rest of Trinity for putting together such a great package.
On to the build, some time back I got a good deal on a Blues jr from a friend, its an ok amp for what it is but it soon came time to start modding it. Well the latest mod was to put the Tramp into junior's cabinet. I knew it would take a little work making brackets & tapping holes but it worked out real good. I wanted to keep it as stock looking as possible. So I now have a Tramp jr. That to even a trained eye looks like a stock blues jr. But the tone & the feel, well it’s a world of difference. Myself I would not consider this a "beginners" kit, even though it only has 2 tubes it was somewhat of a challenge & ive built my share of amps. Doing things in the correct order is critical to getting it done neatly.
The amp fired right up and sounds incredible, I love this amp and I have only so far used the 6v6 that came with it, I have plenty of tubes to put this amp thru all possible combinations. Of course the life blood of any amp is the transformers and it is obvious that the ones provided with this kit are exceptional. One of the things I read while researching this amp was "there is not a bad sound in this amp" and I now know it to be true. low volume, high volume, distorted, clean its all fantastic & with astonishing clarity & note definition.
So thanks Stephen & everyone on this forum, I think ive read every post. I am one happy Tramper. . . Joe

Attachments:
IMG_0817.JPG
IMG_0817.JPG [ 2.45 MiB | Viewed 4406 times ]
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG [ 2.59 MiB | Viewed 4406 times ]
IMG_0815.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG [ 2.81 MiB | Viewed 4406 times ]
IMG_0812.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG [ 2.97 MiB | Viewed 4406 times ]

Post subject: Re: Tramp jr.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

Nice build! If you like the 6V6, try it with a 6L6 and a KT66, talk about punch!

Jim

Post subject: Re: Tramp jr.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:00 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Nicely done. Make that Jr. cry!!!