trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 pm 

I just started my combo build and thought I would put the tubes in the sockets just for fun. No where near powering on yet.

The power tube is so difficult to put in and take out that I know I wouldn't feel safe trying to remove this tube while the chassis is in the amp. I'm sure when I finally lets go my hand would smash into the bottom of the cabinet and probably break the tube or at the very least hurt my hand.

Is this normal? The clamp is extremely tight and when I try to hold it open AND pull the tube out it's almost impossible to do and that's on a bench where I can get the optimum angle. I can only imagine what it will be like in the amp. It seems to be more the tube pins than the holder. I hope it will loosen up after it's been inserted and removed few times but it's troubling how tight it is.

I should add that I've never owned or maintained a totally new tube amp before. I did just buy a Fender blues Jr but I haven't had to touch the tubes yet so I don't know how tight they are. My deluxe reverb is a 74 model so my worry on that one is will it hold the tube tight enough... I'm probably overthinking this and my head says that tighter is better on the tube socket... just be careful when I take them out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:22 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

The power tube socket has tabs on the side that hold the tube in place, and you’ll have to hold those tabs down to get the power tube out.

With a gentle rocking motion pull the tube from the socket.

That should do it.