trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:57 am 
Friend
Friend

My kit came in the mail today, and one of the red wires on the power transformer has a jacket tear and the wire strands are cut and not touching. I'm guessing it was pinched in the package with a lot of pressure directly on that point of the wire.

There was also an indent on another red wire in the same location, but the jacket wasn't ripped so hopefully the wire itself is in tact. That's the spot that I put heat shrink over in the first photo.

It's pretty far up the wire so I won't be able to just snip it at that point. What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 pm 
Friend
Friend

Stephen got in touch with me - in case anyone else comes across this he said its safe to just splice it back together:

Unfortunately, I have had that happen in shipping. If it is a wire that is used you can do this. Cut it. Strip back 1” each end. Hook the the ends together and twist the excess around the wires. Flatten the joint, solder them together, then Use 2” of the 1/8” shrink tubing to cover the joint. It is not a shock threat if done this way.