Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Completed Triwatt build
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:27 pm 
Friend
Friend

Hi all,

This is my completed Triwatt with effects loop, foot switch, and both Page and Townsend mods on v1 and v2. The mods are on 2 switches on the back of the amp and select between Page, stock, and Townsend.

The 25” square Cabinets are stereo or mono using Plug and Play jack plates. Each cabinet has a 12” ceramic BBQ Thames and a 10” ceramic BBQ Thames mounted diagonally so that any combination of speakers can be on the outside when the cabinets are side by side. The face of the cabinet is based on a design by Conrad Sundholm of Conrad Amps. The rays cross through the center of each speaker theoretically dispersing the high frequencies. It’s a floating baffle design, but I used 3/4” plywood instead of 1/2” since I was putting 2 speakers in it and I wanted some characteristics of a fixed baffle design.

The set up sounds great, I’m really impressed with how versatile this amp is. The effects loop is really loud, I may try an extra resistor on the input and output so I can get a little more usable range from the trimmers on the Fx board.
Attachment:
A2248BD6-FF41-4CFA-B078-FDB94FCFE90F.jpeg
A2248BD6-FF41-4CFA-B078-FDB94FCFE90F.jpeg [ 103.48 KiB | Viewed 8419 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:13 pm 
Friend
Friend

Nice setup! Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:46 am 
Friend
Friend

The effects loop is the tube Fx board from Trinity. It has a huge amount of gain and is very clean, the amount of hiss increase is minimal. If I’m not specifically listening for the hiss, I don’t notice it at all. I am running the loop between the treble control and the master volume. When I had it running after the master volume I couldn’t get unity gain and both the send and return trim pots were either off or too loud with no middle ground to adjust to find the sweet spot. I still wish I had a wider range of input and output volume control on the Fx loop. I may try some resistance in line to reduce input and output gain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:55 am 
Friend
Friend

I’ll post pics of the switches when I try to fine tune the Fx loop. Each mod is on a simple on/on/on switch that just selects between the respective turret and the different resistor and capacitor combinations. The other end of each resistor/capacitor combo is connected to ground. The different combinations mostly affect the low end response.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 pm 

Do you have any pictures that show how you fit the fx module and the foot switch module in the chassis? I just am starting a build and added the fx module and am having difficulty on where I can fit both without running into V1 or other jacks. My chassis has holes predrilled for the foot switch board towards the open end near the jack as a reference. Thanks!