trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 pm 
Friend
Friend

It's a great amp, I have to say. It's so touch sensitive/dynamic. It reveals everything which can be good or bad depending :) I had to clean up my technique a little which is a good thing.

Anyone who has any doubts on volume with it being rated 30W needn't worry, it's got plenty of power for stage work. I play some big stages from time to time both indoor and outdoor, no issues being heard what so ever. It keeps up with my 100W Mesa MK3 and my 250W DV Mark Rawdawg (which I run at 100W) .
I would strongly suggest using good speaker cable. I use Evidence Audio Siren and wow, it reveals so much detail !!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:49 pm 
Novice
Novice

intothefloyd wrote:
It's a great amp, I have to say. It's so touch sensitive/dynamic. It reveals everything which can be good or bad depending :) I had to clean up my technique a little which is a good thing.

+1 on that.
I experienced exactly the same!
There is no room for sloppyness. The Triwatt will reveal that ruthlessly.
But it made me play way more accurately.
If you get used to it, you can give it so much more character as opposed to other amps.
You can use that character to your advantage because it will beautifully display all dynamics.
Little things like you pick attack really make a big difference on this amp.

I am a proud owner of a Triwatt for two years and I still smile everytime I plug it in.
The fact that I built it myself makes it even more special.
Everyone can buy an amp and play it, but building one yourself and getting all those sounds of it is just such a satisfactory feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:57 am 
Novice
Novice

matt_garman wrote:
I'm really surprised Hiwatt-style amps aren't more popular. I know the vintage ones have a reputation for being "too loud" for the average user. But between a functional master volume, and particularly Triwatt's lower power options, it's a perfectly viable bedroom/apartment amp.

Yeah, me too!
Could be because of the revealing character. A Hiwatt amp makes you work harder than others in a way.
Could also be the fact that they aren't being made anymore (apart from the current models which are not the same). I think many guitarists jump straight to those Marshalls and Fenders since they are better known. When you then switch to a Hiwatt, you need to re-adjust your playstyle. If you only play it once to try out, you might not like it. Franky, when I first played it I had to get used to it quite a bit, but after a few weeks I began to really like it that much more!