trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm 
Friend
Friend

I am new to this forum and to amp building, so bear with me if these are beginner questions. I have a Trinity Triwatt that I have nearly completed, except for the footswitch. Here are my questions:

1. I am unsure of how to wire the power supply unit up to the 120V power switch. Which components should the white and black wires from the PSU connect to?

2. Should the +5 V and ground wires that go from the PSU to the relay board be twisted to reduce any noise?

3. I see in the manual where it says not to connect the 100k resistor to the back of the overdrive switch if using the footswitch. Is this resistor not used?

4. On the layout diagram of the relay where two wires go off the board and say "to Panel OD Switch", which lugs do the wires attach to exactly and does it matter if they are reversed?

5. Is the straight wire that goes from the OD switch to the nearby lug not necessary with the footswitch option?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have looked at Zaphods large picture, which is a big help, but since the OD switch is upside down I can't see some of the things I would like to.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

1. I am unsure of how to wire the power supply unit up to the 120V power switch. Which components should the white and black wires from the PSU connect to?

A - One to the Power switch the other to line Neutral OR to just connect them to the Power transformer primary.

2. Should the +5 V and ground wires that go from the PSU to the relay board be twisted to reduce any noise?

A- Not necessary as DC has no noise, but not a bad idea to keep them neat by twisting.

3. I see in the manual where it says not to connect the 100k resistor to the back of the overdrive switch if using the footswitch. Is this resistor not used?
A- It is built onto on the relay board so it is not necessary if using the OD foot switch setup.

4. On the layout diagram of the relay where two wires go off the board and say "to Panel OD Switch", which lugs do the wires attach to exactly and does it matter if they are reversed?
A- They can be reversed. It goes to any two terminals that are closed when the OD panel switch is pulled. Test with a meter to find two terminals that behave like that. It will be a middle terminal and one other.

5. Is the straight wire that goes from the OD switch to the nearby lug not necessary with the footswitch option?
A-It is still required.

Attachment:
OD_footswitch_PSU.jpg
OD_footswitch_PSU.jpg [ 159.64 KiB | Viewed 4457 times ]

Attachment:
OD_footswitch_relay.jpg
OD_footswitch_relay.jpg [ 126.17 KiB | Viewed 4457 times ]