Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back after ten years
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

Back after ten years,

Yep! started that triwatt after having built a 18 watts and an Tramp and stopped for lack of interest i supposed. So after all these years tinkering with arduinos, programming, and astronomy, i'm ready to complete my triwatt.

So I did complete it but i must now seek for the help of some masters since i must confess I'm far from an expert in this domain.

1. In the schematic it seems that the wire coming from the impedance switch 16 ohms lug isn't connected to the secondary. I suppose it is only an omission, but the newer schematic is the same regarding this issue. And, is it normal that the presence circuit is only connected to the 16 ohms impedance lug ? Does it work with 8 or 4 ohms load ?

2. After having reversed the output transformer primary brown blue wires my amp is now much quieter. But even with the bias pot fully anticlockwise i got a reading of 150mv. In fact the pot doesn't seem do to anything regarding the bias???
Any idea ?

Thank for your help and sorry for my poor english.

And for posting a picture which hosting service do you used ?

Serge

Post subject: Re: Back after ten years
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:51 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Not having built a Triwatt, my general suggestions would be to download the current schematic and layout, the layout is your friend. With regards to the bias reading, make sure that you have the bias switch (for 6V6 and KT66) power tubes in the correct position. I have been reading the Triwatt forum back to front (considering it for my next build) and several experienced builders had problems with setting bias only to realize the bias switch was set in the wrong position for the installed power tubes or wired incorrectly. Also mentioned, lot of people missed jumper connections and the usual bad solder connections (been there, done that). Someone else with more experience will, I hope, address your specific questions. Best of luck :thumbsup: , I see from other posts that it is an awesome amp :!: PS Welcome back :D