Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 am 
Experienced
Experienced

ajcoholic wrote:
No matter what, I am getting kit #1... and I make a promise to ANYONE within driving distance of me in Kirkland Lake, when I get the amp done feel free to come and try it out.

The thing is, when a few of these get out in player's hands and others get to hear them "for real", then you can make up your mind.

For that matter, if anyone wants to demo a Deluxe, an 18 sIII or a TC15 just send me a pm.

And yes guys, I pay full price for everything! :) Just an excited, long time fan.

AJC

Yeah AJC!!! As long as your kit #1 is #2 behind my production #1!!!!!! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, if I wanted to demo your Deluxe or 18W, would you require that I give them back??!!??!!?? :shock: ;) :roll:

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:20 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

bgroup wrote:

Yeah AJC!!! As long as your kit #1 is #2 behind my production #1!!!!!! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, if I wanted to demo your Deluxe or 18W, would you require that I give them back??!!??!!?? :shock: ;) :roll:

Eventually.... I have offered to send my 18 to a guy in Ottawa that was interested, but he changed his mind and bought a Dr Z :(

We have to get more guitarists trying these out!

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Well, that's no fun AJC! Free amps are WAY more fun!! ;)

I was just joking around anyway... I've had lots of play time on Stephen's sIII, plexi, and deluxe... they're all AMAZING...

I'm spreading the word!!! :)

www.slyfichapel.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:19 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

yes... free amps - um, so where is your studio again?? ;)

I hope some day I can make a Trinity jam session, and I will bring down one of my home made guitars and try and keep up with the rest of the guys.

AJC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:57 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Ok, we're onto the next version now. 2 more subtle changes. Final strokes. Brent has it back for more tests.

1. We removed a 47n cathode bypass cap on v3. It help address the brightness, coco's desire for some additional clean headroom, you can crank the MV more and it smooths the overdrive/distortion.
Zaphod had some time to kill today and was over. He tested with the LP, using all pickup combinations and the guitar's tone and volume full up. Breakup was somewhat later on the MV, and the mod has taken the harshness out of the highs. The tones sounded very balanced and sweet even thorough through the relativly new TT cab which we thought would be the toughest test. We also tried it with the V30s.
We were listening for specific effect and we think we're there. Over to Brent!

2. Replaced the 2.2uf bypass cap on the OD circuit with a 1 uf cap for somewhat less bass when the OD is engaged. We'll see what Golden Ears thinks. We have another trick up our sleeve!

Also listend to some more raw clips from another musician in Brent's studio and he rocked TRIWATT v4 it pretty well. We're hoping for a repeat performance for v5.