Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:30 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
I could have one, or...... I could remain married. I don't think I can pull off both Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Hmm... my ex or my gear!!!

Gear won :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:29 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

pmonne wrote:
[I had an opportunity to A/B the 5E3 bradovka built me with a '57/'58 Tweed Deluxe. While not identical, the Trinity held up well. It took some tweaking with the tone controls on the amps and guitars, but we got the basic tone 99 44/10ths the same. I don't know the reason, but the original Tweed Deluxe had some intangible mojo that made it just a bit sweeter. Maybe it's the speaker, or the original tubes???? We didn't do any tube swapping to see if the mojo moved from amp to amp.

Just wondering now, which rectifier tube you used. I know you were planning on changing. If you still have the Sovtek, the B+ would be higher but if you got a NOS 5Y3, the B+ might have taken it lower into a 'sweeter' spot.

Just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:34 am 
Novice
Novice

I'm pretty sure he's still rockin' the same tubes that came with the kit. (Sovtek/JJ/EH) That's deffinately what they were when it went up against the classic 5E3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:56 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

bradovka wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's still rockin' the same tubes that came with the kit. (Sovtek/JJ/EH) That's deffinately what they were when it went up against the classic 5E3.

Now, that's very interesting. bradovka, it would be very, very cool to measure the B+ and transformer high voltages. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

jac wrote:
Quote:
I could have one, or...... I could remain married. I don't think I can pull off both Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Hmm... my ex or my gear!!!

Gear won :D :D :D

you amp will never have mood swings or wreck the car LOL!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:09 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I would have never thought that a deluxe could be used as a jazz amp. pmonne, thanks for the educations however you are killing me with all these guitars. The byrdland must be sweet!

UPDATE: Ok, Coco was nice enough to lend me his deluxe sample with the skanky old organ speaker in it. This thing sounds quite good for jazz. Warm and rich. I tried it with an archtop Epiphone with p-90s. You gotta hear it. Very good with humbuckers too. I tried the les paul and Fender esprit. Solid body guitars are VERY different sounding for jazz than truly hollow bodied guitars but that's a different discussion. Anyway the jazz tones are a very nice alter ego to an amp that I usually picture plugged in to Neil Young's guitar dancing across the stage with smoke coming out of it.

Clips to come Tuesday or Wednesday. (setting up now). There will be a little jazz and some more aggressive stuff.

Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:10 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Paul's first Jazz Clip. Short & Sweet..

viewtopic.php?p=9011#9011