trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parts List for 5E3 Kit?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:04 am 

Was wondering if there is support documentation or another resource for the complete parts list (BOM) for the 5E3 kit.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Go to the Support link at the bottom of Trinity's main website. PDF's of schematic, layout and build guide. Parts are listed in the Build Guide as BOM (Bill Of Materials). Brands of components used are in Kit description of the Tweed (main site, also).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:41 am 

Thanks! I have been reading it for several days but, like all software engineers, not reading the table of contents.

Are the two #10 x 1.25" machine screws used to mount the chassis to the cabinet? Is there any trick for aligning the chassis when drilling those holes in the cabinet?

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this project.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:26 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Yep, that's what they're for. And PITA to get the nut started, too!

Were I to do it again, I'd make some sort of template from the chassis referencing off the bottom edge of the chassis. That will give you to go from when you decide how thick your back panel will be, also you have some play (slotted holes) to work with if you build your own cab. If you're getting a cab from Coco, I would assume, but not certain, the holes would be properly positioned.

PS I wish Mouser was as close to me as they are to you (jealousy). I have to wait 2 days for orders, 'cause there's nothing up here in OK remotely like them. :bugeye:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:51 pm 

I got the cab from MojoTone but the mounting holes were not drilled because I wasn't sure if they would match the Trinity chassis.
So you are suggesting to make a template when I get the kit and use that for drilling the holes in the cab... The back panel came with the cab. If there is any play (front to back) should I mount the chassis forward or backward in the cab or does it matter?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:19 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Attachment:
Tweed Amp 007.JPG
Tweed Amp 007.JPG [ 3.2 MiB | Viewed 5342 times ]
The mounting holes on the front (control face) of the chassis are oblong which allow movement back and forth. You can get an idea if you look at picture of the Tramp kit on the website (the Tweed pic apparently shows an older version of the Tweed chassis). Based on what you're saying, you've ordered the kit but haven't received it yet. Pretty sure you'll figure out how it works when you get the kit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 pm 

mteel wrote:
I got the cab from MojoTone but the mounting holes were not drilled because I wasn't sure if they would match the Trinity chassis.
So you are suggesting to make a template when I get the kit and use that for drilling the holes in the cab, unblocked games 76... The back panel came with the cab. If there is any play (front to back) should I mount the chassis forward or backward in the cab or does it matter?

Thanks.

If you're unsure, it's always best to err on the side of caution and minimize play. Don't hesitate to reach out to Mojotone or Trinity Amps for specific recommendations regarding your chosen models.