trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:45 pm 

I finally finished my Tweed kit a few weeks ago; my first amp build + my first ever 5E3. I'm absolutely loving it so far, it sounds incredible. The cabinet was built by Marc Etienne (Guitar Cabinet Outlet on Reverb), and I put a W.eber 12A125A into it (which they were kind enough to break in for me prior to shipping). Even made the speaker cable myself.

I kept the circuit pretty close to stock, only real alterations I made were installing the cathodyne smoothing resistor onto V2, the power tube screen resistors onto V3 + V4, and replacing the power switch with the VRM mod. I also swapped out the 1M Alpha pots for some Emerson Custom CTS ones, they have a tighter tolerance and measured a bit closer to each other / spec than the Alpha ones did. I used an orange pilot light jewel too, because why not?

This board was a really great resource and poster's build photos helped me find my way the few times I felt a little stumped. Shout out to Hankules offering me some solid advice on here as well. In the interest of paying it forward, here are some really detailed shots of my finished chassis, maybe someone else will find them helpful.

Here are my final voltage measurements for reference as well. I used the supplied JJ Tubes, the highlighted number is the goal and the sharpie is what mine measured at. Just slightly off in few places but nothing super alarming, figured it's probably safely within range (if i'm wrong and heading for disaster anywhere here please let me know haha)

I had so much fun building this amp and I learned SO much in the process. Already nostalgic for the experience. Thanks for looking!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:35 am 

no doz wrote:
I finally finished my Tweed kit a few weeks ago; my first amp build + my first ever 5E3. I'm absolutely loving it so far, it sounds incredible. The cabinet was built by Marc Etienne (Guitar Cabinet Outlet on Reverb), and I put a W.eber 12A125A into it (which they were kind enough to break in for me prior to shipping). Even made the speaker cable myself.

I kept the circuit pretty close to stock, only real alterations I made were installing the cathodyne smoothing resistor onto V2, the power tube screen resistors onto V3 + V4, and replacing the power switch with the VRM mod. I also swapped out the 1M Alpha pots for some Emerson Custom CTS ones, they have a tighter tolerance and measured a bit closer to each other / spec than the Alpha ones did. I used an orange pilot light jewel too, because why not?

This board was a really great resource and poster's build photos helped me find my way the few times I felt a little stumped. Shout out to Hankules offering me some solid advice on here as well. In the interest of paying it forward, here are some really detailed shots of my finished chassis, maybe someone else will find them helpful.

drift boss

Here are my final voltage measurements for reference as well. I used the supplied JJ Tubes, the highlighted number is the goal and the sharpie is what mine measured at. Just slightly off in few places but nothing super alarming, figured it's probably safely within range (if i'm wrong and heading for disaster anywhere here please let me know haha)

I had so much fun building this amp and I learned SO much in the process. Already nostalgic for the experience. Thanks for looking!

They look awesome. Great work, bro!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:00 am 

Thanks for sharing useful content. mapquest driving directions

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:06 am 

That's fantastic to hear! Congratulations on completing your Tweed kit and building your first amp, especially a 5E3. It's always an exciting milestone for any guitar enthusiast. :P

Terraria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:44 am 

Your Minecraftle insights are both profound and relatable.