trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New build, no sound.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:46 pm 

I acquired a 5e3 kit from a buddy that bought it as a project and never got around to finishing it. I thought I'd try my hand at it. I've never assembled an amp before, I've done minor guitar soldering and some other small electronics projects.

I set out on this project by reading the manual/paperwork and lurking the message boards looking at builds trying to best wrap my head around what I was getting in to before I ever touched any wire and solder. I did my best to follow the steps and double check wiring as I was working, hoping for best case scenario when finished. I get everything finished, installed, wired and do my best to check voltages and everything seems within reason. Finally ready to fire it up and nothing...no sound whatsoever. Tubes have power, glowing nicely. I've attempted to check all the wiring again and don't see any obvious problems. Where to begin? What would cause there to be no him or anything when powered? Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Post subject: Re: New build, no sound.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:50 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I built a Tramp one time and wired a jumper wrong and got no sound, took days to figure it out. All that to say I would recheck your wiring against the layout. Check your jumper wires under the board, too. Check your components and solder joints, too. Bad solder joints can cause a host of problems. And post good close up and/or high definition pics. :D