trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:10 am 

Hi Trinity Amp forum!
I am looking for suggestions on what builders have had the most success using for Pwr tunes in their 5E3 build.
I just completed my first build(5E3) and it fired right up!
I had some new GT6V6GTC at home so I used those for testing and fire up but would like to get something nicer than these Chinese tubes.
I have a set of Tung Sol RI 6V6 but have read a lot of post on the net saying they red plated since their max wattage is 12W.
I see JJs are higher wattage but wanted to see what everyone has had success with so far.
Thank you for your time and insight!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:46 am 

Tony Sunshine wrote:
Hi Trinity Amp forum!
I am looking for suggestions on what builders have had the most success using for Pwr tunes in their 5E3 build.
I just completed my first build(5E3 five nights at freddy's) and it fired right up!
I had some new GT6V6GTC at home so I used those for testing and fire up but would like to get something nicer than these Chinese tubes.
I have a set of Tung Sol RI 6V6 but have read a lot of post on the net saying they red plated since their max wattage is 12W.
I see JJs are higher wattage but wanted to see what everyone has had success with so far.
Thank you for your time and insight!

Congratulations on completing your first 5E3 build! It's exciting to get everything up and running and hear the fruits of your labor.

When it comes to power tubes for your 5E3, there are several options that builders have had success with, each offering slightly different tonal characteristics link JJ Electronic 6V6S: These are a widely used and affordable option known for their clear mids, tight bass, and smooth breakup. They can handle the voltage demands of a 5E3 without redplating.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:53 am 

Hi Hmante,
Thank you for the quick reply and I have a set off JJs in the mail.
It is interesting because I have been steered away from JJs but like you said it seem people love the JJ reproduction 6V6s.
I will report back how they sound once I have the set in my 5E3.
Thanks again!

Now I have some serious GAS for an 18Watt Kit so we will see what the future holds.