trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:50 pm 

Voltages on my rectifier pins are as follows: Pin2-5volts, Pin8-0volts, Pin 4-358volts Pin6-358volts.Everything is wired at the right points ( I checked it 4 times). Voltages on heater wires are half of what they should be. Do you think this may be an issue with the power transformer? Any help would be great! Thanks Paul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Those rectifier voltages look reasonable. If you disconnect The two green leads from the PT, do you have only 3.15 volts across them? If you do, then check bewteen them and the green-yellow centre tap for the heater wires and see if maybe the leads got mislabelled?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:15 am 

Thank's Steve I will check this out over the weekend and post the results.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:14 pm 

I disconnected the 2 green leads from the pilot light when I check them across I get 6.10 volts, the strange thing is once I solder them back on the pins and check pins 2 and 8 on the rectifier socket, I get 9 volts on pin 2 and 6 volts on pin 8, I am lost as to why that is possible, maybe bad internal wiring on the power transformer? Please help me. Thanks |Paul Tattonguitars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:11 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I very much doubt the PT is at fault. You will need to divide an conquer. i.e. disconnect things until you find the point where the error is. The voltage across the greens should be 6.3VAC and 5 VAC accross the rectifier heater pins 2/8 but NOT between pins 2/8 to ground. They are independent windings.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:14 am 

After a great deal of trouble shooting, and help from a friend we found that pin 4 on V2 had been overheated and burnt, install a new socket rewired and the amp now works great! Very pleased! Thanks for all the help! Paul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:46 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

tattonguitars wrote:
After a great deal of trouble shooting, and help from a friend we found that pin 4 on V2 had been overheated and burnt, install a new socket rewired and the amp now works great! Very pleased! Thanks for all the help! Paul

Great news. Now you really know your amp, inside and out!!