Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Speaker advice
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 am 
Friend
Friend

Hi guys,

I´m finishing up my Tweed, but I still don´t have a speaker.
I was holding out for a TT Alnico, but I just can´t justify spending 300 euros (USD 400) on a speaker right now.

So right now I´m considering using a Jensen P12Q RI, which I can get for much less. But due to all your ravings and reviews about the TT, and the mixed opinions you can find on the net about the Jensen RI speakers, I´m afraid that my Deluxe wil sound like....(well you know...)

The idea was to use the Jensen now and then, when I can eventually order a TT, move the Jensen over to the cab for my Valve Junior.

So, I´m open to any remarks, suggestions, and experiences concerning this amp/speaker combination.

Thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:50 am 

The Weberspeaker 12A125A is very, very nice in a 5E3 if you want the vintage Jensen sound, and its about half the price of the alnico TT (105 USD)

https://taweber.powweb.com/BBQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:41 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I have heard the Jensent P12Q RI and it is not a terible speaker. You cant compare it to the TT. IMO, get one of them locally in Europe and save up for the TTA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 pm 
Friend
Friend

Thanks guys. I just ordered a P12Q. I think I´ll be ok with that at least for the time being.

zdogma: I heard about the BBQ speakers. I actually tried to find a european dealer...no luck. Shipping direct from them would take too long now. I

´m starting training on a new aircraft soon so I wanted to finish up now and still have some time to play with it. Also I heard they charge A LOT for shipping and handling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:10 am 

Boom wrote:
Thanks guys. I just ordered a P12Q. I think I´ll be ok with that at least for the time being.

zdogma: I heard about the BBQ speakers. I actually tried to find a european dealer...no luck. Shipping direct from them would take too long now. I

´m starting training on a new aircraft soon so I wanted to finish up now and still have some time to play with it. Also I heard they charge A LOT for shipping and handling.

Yes, $24 to Canada for a single speaker, I can only imagine what it would cost to Europe. It also takes about 2-3 weeks before they ship as the speakers are made to order. Nice product, though. I have a 12A125 and a pair of the Silver and Blue alnico 10's and I love them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

I use a BBQ 12F150 25 watt and love it. But then I like the ceramic bite. :P