trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:59 am 
Friend
Friend

I pulled this from my post in Lightning Strikes, thought it was more appropriate here:

When it comes to recording, I'm an ignoramus, :oops: so here are a few basic questions......

Does anybody else have a quick and dirty method that is effective at getting good sound clips, without buying a recording studio? Like maybe record to tape, then downloaded to my computer hard drive?

What format would I need it in, Mp3 probably. What is the best setting for sound quality without creating a file so large that it crashes the computer?

How do I post a sound file here? do I need another site to host the clip, then create a link to it?

Thanks to anyone that can further my education on recording clips!!!!!
Denny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:35 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Hey Twangmaster, check this out. Maybe reply to that one and get more responses.

viewtopic.php?t=135&highlight=record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:25 am 
Expert
Expert

Hey Twangy, the cheap and dirty method is mic into soundcard and capture the results in a shareware product like n-Track Studio http://ntrack.com/ntrck_sw.exe . You can even add effects like reverb to the mix and then mix down to mp3. The results will be dependant on the quality of your mic and soundcard. I use a Audiophile 2496 soundcard http://www.digit-life.com/articles/maudioaudiophile/ but I also have a little Behringer mixer that feeds it so I can use an external reverb unit for vocals etc.. Try to avoid recording to tape first as that will introduce noise you don't need. :-)
Nigel