It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC-15 Combo Clip
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:45 pm 
Friend
Friend

Here's an audio clip of my recent TC-15 combo build:

http://www.trinityamps.com/clips/TC15/whatchldisthis_dtonjes.mp3

The Amp's master Volume is cranked and the Cut control is @ 12:00 for both guitar tracks. The Crunch/Munch switch is set to the 8K OT winding. (Are we calling this Crunch, or Munch?)

The rhythm track was recorded with a Fender Strat, neck pickup, plugged into the LO input of Channel 1 (the EF86 side). Ch. Volume is @ 9:00, Contour switch is in position 4 (about 1:00). I muted the lead track and mixed the rhythm track up a bit during the first verse to illustrate the clean sound of the TC-15. Note how the amp transitions nicely from "jazzy" clean to "crunchy" as the picking hand becomes more aggressive during the chorus.

The lead track (starts on second verse) uses a PRS Santana III (a Les Paul type guitar with humbuckers), neck pickup, plugged into the HI input of Channel 1. I don't seem to be able to get past the EF86 channel on this amp! Ch. Volume is cranked this time, Contour switch is in position 3 (11:00). I appreciate how this amp "sings" when turned up and has nice sustain without getting "mushy" sounding.

This is the setup I used:
Guitar ->
TC-15 ->
Behringer GI100 DI Box/Speaker Simulator with an 8 ohm "dummy load" attached (I don't have a cab/speaker yet :) ) ->
PC running Guitar Tracks Pro software.

As always, your questions and comments are appreciated.

I can't thank the folks at Trinity enough for this amp. Thanks again!
Dan Tonjes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:06 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Very Moving! Some awesome tones there! You did a great job on the mixing too and you made that PRS sing!

Thanks for the details on the settings and how you created the piece. Excellent work!